Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Been messing around with a villian (shout out Booter!) and I can forehand the shit out of this thing.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby AcesAZ » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 pm

Got out to throw my Opto Flow. Fairly domey, high PLH (much higher then Destroyer), very stiff non gummy plastic, 167 Orange. Flys much more overstable then my Pro Destroyers in Red or Pink. Im going to have to beat this disc in cause even with tuning I dont have the disc speed for this other then Anny S's. Is it normal for these to be more overstable then Pro Destro's? Flys similar to this Star KC Wraith I had. I havent deflashed it, so I guess I can start there.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 am

Those are the best Flows and by their nature overstable and taking the flash off won't do much. They are defo more overstable at high speed than broken in Pro Destros but less LSS. I can't get my around 170 opto high PLH tall dome Flow to flip in calm weather.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 pm

Mercy is the best putter since the release of the Aviar.

Thank you Lat64 for this putter butter
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby dgdave » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:40 pm

What about all those other putters that were the best?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby TobbeF » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

turso wrote:
Jelyman wrote:I didn't see Jesper anywhere during the worlds. Any reason to his absence, or did I just moot pay attention?

Jesper's busy baking bread this year, apparently he's a head honcho at one of the biggest if not the biggest bakery in Sweden, and dough's waitin'.

However, Jesper did take a break from work to win the Swedish championships on his home course this weekend.
TobbeF
Noob

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:02 pm

dgdave wrote:What about all those other putters that were the best?

Haha you should know as well if not more than anybody we all get wrapped up in discs that excite us at that moment.

I'm just throwing out my opinion take it for a grain of salt or do yourself a favor and pick one up. Its one helluva putter. It has a unique profile unlike any other putter I've come across. It nestles in my hand perfectly and releases perfectly from my grip.

Yes I've tried tons of discs and from time to time got overly excited but also most discs I've been excited.about turned out to be popular with many so I may have a clue what a good disc is.

Also being that I've tried damn near every putter over the years as well as becoming a significantly better golfer I feel 100% confident in my belief in the Mercy. Its superior to every other putter FOR ME at least. I know steezo will mostly likely agree with me
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby dgdave » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:21 pm

Just gotta bust some balls. I'm wanting to try one. Hell, I just went back to a rhyno/wiz combo.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:45 pm

dgdave wrote:Just gotta bust some balls. I'm wanting to try one. Hell, I just went back to a rhyno/wiz combo.

I figured the ball busting was coming but the Mercy is worth it. I will say though one negative at least for some is that in my opinion the EZE plastic sucks as far as durability for driving. I've seen one of Booter's EZE Pure after just a lil drive/approach.use and it was warped and ugly as shit.

However, for putting I find the EZE plastic to be the best on the market. I really am find of the Mercy mold and would love to have an Opto version
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby dgdave » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Yup. The plastic is the one thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger on o e.
-dgdave

dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby AcesAZ » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:10 pm

I agree with the EZE plastic, crap warps worse then the SS from Gateway. Im keeping my Pure for purely putting. Carrying an Anode and P2 for driving. Am I nuts for carrying 3 putters? Yes.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Haha, I technically carry 4 putters. However, I don't really consider the Zone a putter as its too damn fast and low profile.

Mercy - putts only
Magic - long range jump putts, straight/anhyzer approaches, hyzerflip to turnover drives
Opto Pure - main driving/approaching putter
ESP Zone - trick shots, helix shots, flicks, hard hyzers
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm going to have to back Junkie on this one... I can't believe i'm saying this but I might like the Mercy more than I do the Pure.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby disc junkie » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Opto Mercy comes out, Bye Bye Pure.
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:20 pm

AcesAZ wrote:I agree with the EZE plastic, crap warps worse then the SS from Gateway. Im keeping my Pure for purely putting. Carrying an Anode and P2 for driving. Am I nuts for carrying 3 putters? Yes.

I say no often carrying more than 1 mold. Actually i only carry just 1 putter for after work rounds going with 2 to 4 discs usually 3 mostly lately and i got my personal record with a 3 disc setup with one putter. And you shouldn't read anything to it because i am missing a quicker turning disc in that setup for one hole i can't reach with the too straight Sole i use for early mornings to tame the dew induced slipping issues. On a shorter tight course here i often carry 3 to 4 different putters depending on the wind. I have scored well with just opaque Ion but the tight annies are a problem because the disc can easily fly straight through anny if giving too much power and getting too little into it will have the disc dive bomb right short and too tightly. The tolerances are too tight vs an Aviar for left to right shots.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment