zone putter or mid

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

zone putter or mid

Postby money 21 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:05 pm

do you know anyone who putts with a zone? I love it as a overstable compliment to my super stingray and it is great flick approach disc but I have never met anyone who putts with a zone.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: zone putter or mid

Postby Flipflat » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 pm

I've had a pro D zone in the bag for about 2 months, been using it for everything, including putts, as I wanted to see how it flew after I beat the hell out of it. It's a fast, overstable putter, so you have to adjust your power a little when you putt, throw it flat and too hard and it'll penetrate to the pole and bounce out just as fast as it came in. The fade is dependable and helpful in getting around trees.
Last edited by Flipflat on Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: zone putter or mid

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:26 pm

I see mine as an earlier and harder hooking Gator so a super beefy utility mid and i played dubs with a guy in Dutch open 2010 using the Zone as a putter. It was windy at times and he lives near the Atlantic coast of Norway>windy.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

zone putter or mid

Postby Cavere » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 pm

I picked one up recently to be a driving putter. And I've discovered I like putting with it. It's a pro-d and the shallow rim/slight tackiness I enjoy. I made three putts today >60' with it and honestly my 20' birdie putts were much less on point (I missed 5 birdie putts within 30', would've been my best round at my home course)

But yes I putt with the zone outside of the circle.
katana--Boss--Surge--Orc--Monster--Roadrunner--Eagle--Buzz--FR Ion
subject to change almost each and every day!
Cavere
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Return to Equipment