Keep it Simple

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Keep it Simple

Postby Steve » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:29 am

I just ordered some of the new Omega BBs and I think I am going to give an all Millennium bag a try again. I will also be picking up a scorpius tomorrow and that will be included too.

2x 171g Omega BBs (new)

176g Aurora MF 2.1 (new)
177g gummy QMS (new)
175g CE QMS (beat)
164g Aurora MS (beat)

170g Sirius Polaris LS (new)
170g EXP1 1.6 (overstable)

170 QOLF (moderately overstable)
165 SOLF 1.1 (new)
164 SOLF 1.1 (beat)
Zero G Scorpius (new)
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: Keep it Simple

Postby JR » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm

There may be room for an Astra as well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:55 pm

I tried a sparkle one and didn't care for it much. I could give it another chance though.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:34 pm

The reason i brought up the Astra is that there is quite a speed, and if given enough power to handle the Scorpius, difference between the OLF and the Scorpius. Another option could be a heavy enough to not flip uselessly Zero G Quasar which is less power hungry than the Scorpius.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:42 am

I can get my Orions out past 400'. I don't think it is leaving a gaping hole in my bag to only carry one disc that is faster. I just don't have a lot of need for faster discs than the Orions on many courses here.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

For other longer courses longer distance ain't a bad idea and having more lines available is a stroke saver. The Scorpius is pretty beefy for left to right movement.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:38 pm

Played my first round with this bag tonight. The scorpius is looong. It weighs 134g and is very straight with a late fade when thrown lightly. I also ot to try out the omega ss big beads tonight. Not sure how well I like them yet. They are far softer than the ions and wizards I am use to and I had issues releasing them during the round. I might give them a little longer yet as they did great during practice.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 pm

Maybe the Scorpius is good enough for versatility for you then. I'd test s-curves and right to left shots too to see how it works for you on all lines.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steve » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 am

Tossed the zone back in my bag. I felt naked without it. I wish Millennium had a disc like the zone but I am not even close to sponsored so it doesn't matter.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Postby cubeofsoup » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am

Steve wrote:Tossed the zone back in my bag. I felt naked without it. I wish Millennium had a disc like the zone but I am not even close to sponsored so it doesn't matter.

wipe the stamp and dye it with something Millennium related :wink:
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:25 pm

Alright, I didn't care for the way that my all Millennium bag was setup. Here is version 2.1 of my keep it simple bag. It will be setup around three main speeds and will have all my shots covered. I will substitute heavier and/or faster drivers for windier days. I will be working with this bag to get more comfortable with my main discs and will only add in discs that I feel cover a need.

170g beat Eclipse Ion (short range turnovers and annies)
170g stable Eclipse Ion (main putter and stable upshots)
170g Esp Zone (overstable upshots, overstable drives < 250' and skip shots)
177 beat Z Buzzz (big annie shots and turnover mid shots)
177g new Z Buzzz (stable mid for 200'-330' shots that need to stay straight)
164 beat 1.1 SOLF (long hyzerflips that finish straight, distance annie shots)
162 new pearly QOLF (overtsbale drives and drives that need to finish left, hoping to beat it in for s-shot and big d)
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion