WHO DAT? OH LAWD is the Latitude 64 Saint

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: WHO DAT? OH LAWD is the Latitude 64 Saint

Postby victorb » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:47 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:
victorb wrote:
turso wrote:some slant, but not enough in my opinion to be called a +.

I think I'll have to check it out. I never had any problems throwing strikers a few seasons ago.

If it is anything like the Villain I'd beware, I have no problem with strikers and XXX but Halos, Riots, and the Villain I got last week reliably fall out of my hand early and end up 20 to 50 feet left (rhbh) of the line I was after...I hate those fucking rims.

this is enough to keep me on the search still. even the slightest tilted rim and it doesn't release correctly for me. it's like I can't tuck my fingers into the rim like I need to, and can't get the grip strength on them I have with regular rims.

maybe the striker or pd is a possibility again for me.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:43 pm

So is this the Latitude Roadrunner or does this fade more? Lat calls this speed 9 but their faster discs are one step faster than Innova so is this Innova speed 8? The fade is 2 so does it fade harder than the Roadrunner?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:18 pm

This disc is nothing like the RR.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:28 pm

Cool then i may not have too much overlap so i might try this out. Does the Saint fade harder than the RR? Numbers wise it should.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:10 am

I have no idea where you got this RR comparison thing from but it throws like a beat eagle. It definitely fades more than a RR.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby discspeed » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:47 am

I got in a couple throws with an Opto Saint yesterday...It reminded me of a slower/glidier Striker. Seemed like a nice disc.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby sunspot » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:21 am

How far are you all putting these out to?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:34 am

400' easy. Sincerely.

Wind makes this questionable to do though.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I have no idea where you got this RR comparison thing from but it throws like a beat eagle. It definitely fades more than a RR.

Speed rating but it is one company vs another and the River is way slower than the RR and with the lesser LSS the River beats the RR in its own game of low LSS. Add to that the great glide that should even out the speed difference there usually is between Lat and Innova specs. The fade of 2 as per Lat specs suggests a low fade disc. Your description of being Eagle like was a cold shower to those expectations. Lat describes the Saint as a faster River. That sounds more like a RR than an Eagle. Sigh. I have an overabundance of Eagle type not straight finishing discs. Straight and more HSS than River, Leo, RR and SW is always welcome provided it is less LSS than the Beast. My go to more HSS straightish driver. As it is it seems from your description that i was mislead by marketing so thanks for setting me straight.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby sunspot » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:40 am

Jeronimo wrote:400' easy. Sincerely.

Wind makes this questionable to do though.

I can get 400 on a good rip with a TD. Is it easier to muster up the distance than a TD? How much HSS and LSS does it have?
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:12 pm

When I throw it 400' its a hyzer flip that flips up about 10-15° to flat then slightly turns over and basically flies a slight anhyzer till it fades out. I've never thrown a TD for comparison so I can't make that analogy for you, sorry brah. I can say its HSS is decent, not great, and its LSS is pretty minimal. It's very close to a faster/beat-in Teebird. It really is a great disc, just not as overstable as Strikers. I always thought the Beast was a good comparison.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Postby JHern » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Jeronimo wrote:So... first word is it flies just like a 10x KC Pro Teebird...

Nope. Not even close. I threw one in a field the other day...not impressed. I couldn't get it to hold any kind of interesting line, and even its hyzer (which is a boring line) wasn't all that impressive, either.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:24 pm

The store jubuttib and turso do disc description for has a description of going 350' on a frozen rope. Meaning can go farther and flip. Non flippy TDs can go 50' more without flipping. I don't know how far the TD would go without flipping but my Pro Beast 165 went 415' last week in calm conditions on a high line drive without flipping.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby AcesAZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 am

Any reason to carry a Saint and Flow?
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:39 am

My mind is changing on this thing rather quickly. It's entering the "not enough stability to be useful" category.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment