Compare Jokeri, Mercy and Swan 2

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Compare Jokeri, Mercy and Swan 2

Postby AcesAZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:53 pm

For anyone thats thrown these. Im sure someone is out there? JR?
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Re: Compare Jokeri, Mercy and Swan 2

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 pm

From what I've seen I'd put the JOKERi in another category altogether. It's a fast putter with immense HSS without the usually associated meathook finish (though it is still overstable), and can take a beating even in the softest baseline plastic without starting to turn (it does lose the fade though). Sort of of like a faster, longer Rhyno, except better.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:10 pm

I only held an EZE Mercy yesterday at the local shop. It felt thinner than i expected on the basis of the description of being taller than the pure. It felt quite stiff and it is cery close to the Swans in stiffness so it is surprising to me that people have reported them to bend hard in approaches and drives and chipping and chunking IIRC. Especially so after talking to Janne Penttilä of Westside discs last fall after he told of a plastics manufacturer rep visiting Latitude soon so i gave him what little knowledge i have of relevant plastic specs Tomas should ask about and optimize. At least the Opto became tackier so the Opto Pure is much better only bested by Prodiscus discs in grip out of primo plastics. Vibrams are rubber based.

Swan 2 is ideologically influenced by the Omega SS in shape but way stiffer. And the bottom is sharper. It is a tacky disc in black and slicker in other colors on the whole although there are slight individual variations in tackiness across individuals of other colors. None of the couple of dozen Swan 2s i've tried in my hand in other colors are as tacky as the blacks. In freezing conditions the Swan 2 freezes into a solid stiff brick that has the best ability of sliding through the chains and twisting around the pole. Sometimes climbing out of the bucket at slow speed too. In warm conditions it is fine with no problems whatsoever. I've got a black one. Swan ain't too far off of Omegas in approaches and drives. Flip and fade at high power. So it is a good putting putter and preferences matter. A little easier to grip for smaller hands than the Omega.

Jokeri is very different disc. Flight path is in between a Rhyno and a Pig with more glide and speed than either. So it is way way longer than those. I've thrown the Rhyno to 260' amd the Jokeri to a few feet past 300'. The more power you have the better the Jokeri is and it has HSS out the wazoo. I drove with it in a storm in Holland with Atlantic "breeze" kicking up a debris storm without trouble to the flight. Putts were like rails. It needs more power in the putt than straight finishing putters but a little less than the Rhyno. Jokeri is a straight then reliable fade putter and the Swan 2 is a flipping driver. Not quite the opposite because at power the Jokeri won't fade straight out of the hand. It is the driving putter if you want wind handling and a reliable moderately hard left finish in the end. Sinus and Zone start to fade early when new and the Jokeri is down the range when it happens and it won't fade as abruptly and hard.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:11 pm

So should I assume the Jokeri is a bit longer and more HSS then P2, how about Ion (I have not thrown the Rhyno)? Have you heard about any opto Mercy or Swan? I may try a Jokeri Premium and Opto Pure out. Thinking more about driving duties.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby Varsi » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:31 pm

Jokeri indeed is completely different animal from Mercy and Swan 2.
I have a couple of pink Swans and one white. The pinks are way stiffer compared to the white and any other color I tried at the shop, those are also my choice for 180-230 feet approaches that need to go right at the end. My more beaten pink Swan has very little fade even with higher throws.
The basic Jokeri is my main putter. It is quite beaten and somewhat warped as well. Apart from putting I use it for under 250 feet straight and hyzer approaches. I also carry a couple of newer basics for extra stability. Premiums I mostly use for hyzer approaches that need to go left more than basics like going. I also tend to grab premium if it gets too windy altho in side winds I may still use basic as they go straighter for me.
From what little experience I have with EZE Mercy I can say it likes to glide. Stability should be between the other two discussed here, doesn't turn too much and should fade a bit at the end if given enough height. Someone who actually has these can say more.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby eky8 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:04 pm

If you are talking driving duties, the premium jokeri is fantastic. And so is the opto pure. But they don't compete for a spot in my bag. I use them both. The jokeri fades harder and is a little slower than the pure. The jokeri is straight, but has enough fade to pull out of an anny throw. The pure will hold any line you put it on and is a bit more susceptible to oat, it is a fantastic anny approach disc and is also extremely straight with very little fade. Both discs are made out of spectacular premium plastic.

As a bonus I also have an ace with both discs. :D
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby AcesAZ » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:15 am

It really sounds like I'll like the Jokeri. My P2 just doesnt fade unless I got major height on it. Would like a tiny fade. If Mercy or Swan 2 came in Opto Id probably try them too. Heck I might anyways.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am

I have thrown both the Jokeri and the S P2 to 300' but the Jokeri needs a harder rip whereas the P2 will glide more staying flat until it hits the ground or almost. The Jokeri will fade and land on the side.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Varsi » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:21 am

JR wrote:I have thrown both the Jokeri and the S P2 to 300' but the Jokeri needs a harder rip whereas the P2 will glide more staying flat until it hits the ground or almost. The Jokeri will fade and land on the side.

Jokeri is a lot more forgiving when thrown hard tho. Less than perfect throw will turn P2 while Jokeri won't mind it that badly.
Varsi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JOKERi

Postby jubuttib » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 am

JOKERi is immensely more HSS than P2, and faster, it'll handle headwinds with ease compared to the P2. I don't really think the JOKERi requires that much power (maybe the Premium requires more than the Basic but still), but it does thrive on spin.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby turso » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:04 pm

just have a decent snap and you can get the jokeri to fly with almost no power at all, love the disc, easily my most used disc in the bag. Well, not counting Mercy as it's for putting, and unfortunately I get to do that a lot on each hole...
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Return to Equipment