Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:33 am

Yes 130s quasar seem to be under stable
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:09 am

Can anyone verify if they changed the mold on the new sms? I am wanting to know if it has the super stingray bottom wing or the old stingray bottom.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:43 am

The Quasar should fade less weight for weight which instantly drops power requirement and adds average glide across the whole flight=should help in D versus the Scorpius.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:07 am

steve you can try contacting Millennium through the website. They are generally pretty good about responding

If not, I'll probably be getting one so I can let you know in a week
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Hwicha » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:50 am

I know that there is a Buy/Sell/Trade for buying, selling, and trading, but there so many new posts every day that my small request is bound to be lost.

I really, really, really need an old type Q plastic, slightly gummier QMEGA. Better two. And they should be yellow. I will pay a very good $$.

I bought the latest run, but the plastic is just awful IMHO.
Team Millennium
Russian DG Association president
PDGA CC Russia
Hwicha
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Millennium

Postby Steve » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Hwicha wrote:I know that there is a Buy/Sell/Trade for buying, selling, and trading, but there so many new posts every day that my small request is bound to be lost.

I really, really, really need an old type Q plastic, slightly gummier QMEGA. Better two. And they should be yellow. I will pay a very good $$.

I know where a clear one is. Not quite qms gummy but not bad either. Are you handy with dye?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:44 pm

JR, you have more power than me but I threw a seasoned 138 B-Boss for my "S" distance driver. For me, it would go about 350'. I have a 145 ZG Quasar that I consistantly put out to 375 - 400' and it's not quite beat in enough. I need to give it just a touch of anny. Maybe I got a freak but it just bombs. For your power you might try 150 - 155.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:51 pm

zj1002 wrote:Steady I think what he wanted to know regarding the bottom was if it had a micro-bead.

The MS uses the stingray bottom/wing. The old stingray/ms bottom did not have a bead and was concave, like what you find on the QMS/SMS. However when they changed the stingray wing they added a micro bead and made the wing flatter. The last run of Aurora MS had this micro bead from the new stingray. So he was curious if the new SMS had the new bottom with the micro bead.

OK, here goes. The 1.2 SMS does have a concave wing. There is no micro-bead but it does have some wicked flashing. It's overstable when comparing it to any other MS, IMHO.

Hope that helps.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:58 pm

BB Omega SS.

This is overstable compared to the Omega SS and even the CE Omega's I have. The BB was obviously brand new and my CE Omega is probably a 9/10. But I'm very happy with this overstable putter for upshots. It went the same D as the CE but was a bit shorter than the SS. I prefer the grippier SS plastic. It's just easier for me to throw.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JR » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:JR, you have more power than me but I threw a seasoned 138 B-Boss for my "S" distance driver. For me, it would go about 350'. I have a 145 ZG Quasar that I consistantly put out to 375 - 400' and it's not quite beat in enough. I need to give it just a touch of anny. Maybe I got a freak but it just bombs. For your power you might try 150 - 155.

My Boss 138 went 417' on an s-curve both low and high lines with skips yesterday in rear wind. In calm weather i still get it over 400 with low line drives with skips. Don't know how far exactly but it fades too early and hard for me so i do have an eye out for light Scorpius and a heavier Quasar and Blizz DD2.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:20 pm

Steady what weight BB Omega?

I'm throwing a 172 and it isn't what I consider overstable.

I have a 175g but I want to stash it for now
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:40 pm

Things I scored over the last week:

2 "appoved" Q-megas, one blue, 174 and new, the other red/yellow sunburst, 174 and 7.5/10
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Hwicha » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:27 am

Steve wrote:
Hwicha wrote:I know that there is a Buy/Sell/Trade for buying, selling, and trading, but there so many new posts every day that my small request is bound to be lost.

I know where a clear one is. Not quite qms gummy but not bad either. Are you handy with dye?

No, I am not. Are you? What's the weight of the disc?
Team Millennium
Russian DG Association president
PDGA CC Russia
Hwicha
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Millennium

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:19 am

zj1002 wrote:Steady what weight BB Omega?

I'm throwing a 172 and it isn't what I consider overstable.

I have a 175g but I want to stash it for now

175 and it's red, not that that should matter... It is more overstable than any other Omega. (SS, CE, Q, S)
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 am

Hwicha wrote:
Steve wrote:

No, I am not. Are you? What's the weight of the disc?

This, I believe, is what Steve is describing. The two QMEGAs started as clear. Now they both have are a shade of "blood red". The one you see here is not as dark as it looks. And the second one is (now) lighter than that. The point is this. I was using Rose Pink dye. On the Sirius and M plastic, the dye works to a light/medium pink. On the Q plastic, it gets a little darker.

I can send you instructions on how I dye whole discs. But I am not sure how a yellow dye would look on a Q disc.
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment