Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Steady 26542 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:24 pm

ZJ, have you (or anyone else) thrown the new 1.2 S-Sent? I have a blue 180 and it is beefy as hell. Has more HSS than my Sanny's. It's a bit domey too. I hear the new Q-Sents are being stamped soon. I'm curious to see how they fly.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Leopard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:ZJ, have you (or anyone else) thrown the new 1.2 S-Sent? I have a blue 180 and it is beefy as hell. Has more HSS than my Sanny's. It's a bit domey too. I hear the new Q-Sents are being stamped soon. I'm curious to see how they fly.

i'll be god. damned. if those bring down the value of sannies :)

ZJ get some so i can throw them.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby zj1002 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:52 pm

ZAM I can always order you one :)

I'll place an order soon. Was hoping we would get them at DN
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby zj1002 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:05 pm

so yeah all new Q/S/AP omegas seem to have the X-nose. They are all nice and stable. more so than what the BB Omegas for me.

The Qmega is beefy even at 168g. Didn't toss the S-Omega it didnt feel that great, domey
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:15 pm

zj1002 wrote:so yeah all new Q/S/AP omegas seem to have the X-nose. They are all nice and stable. more so than what the BB Omegas for me.

The Qmega is beefy even at 168g. Didn't toss the S-Omega it didnt feel that great, domey

So the Q/S/AP Omegas are from the new run? And overstable when compared to the new BB?? :shock: That amazes me. I've never cared for the Q/S/AP because they were just a touch understable when compared to an SS. They flipped slightly when my SS went dead straight. Plus I prefer the feel of the SS. Thanks for the info ZJ!
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby JR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:43 am

How much more HSS would you get from a Zero G 158 Quasar vs a 150? I have a 150 and so far haven't been able to lay on it. The pulled power shots i made were in the wind and it flips in headwinds pretty much so that ain't the forté but it is long. I imagine it to compete well for the status of the longest disc currently. Unlike other super fast discs it has the uncanny ability of driving like a limousine turning slowly and deliberately like a Roc. Or very much like a faster glidier longer QOLS. LIKEY!!!! Can't wait to get rested and ripping it at full power. Easiest 400' 've gotten. With control form no run up. Say hello!?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fritz » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:41 am

Okay, ZG Quasar is amazing at 7,500' Altitude :) I think I have figured out how to harness this disc. I had some of my longest throws ever yesterday at the Tara Peck Memorial Tournament. Scorpius performed quite well too.

So for lower altitudes, I think I need tog et me a 145-150+ ZG Quasar
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby JR » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:45 pm

I was dog tired after having thrown two rounds in the fifth day of throwing this week with little sleep. There was a little wind and my initial results were obviously wind influenced. The 150 Quasar didn't flip as much and it was fairly wide for golf D from a flat toss and a little slower than my 138 Boss. A hair slower than my 150 Blizz Boss. The fade was a hair more than i expected but still the best straightness out of such a fast disc that wasn't flippy enough to become unusable in golf situations. This disc is more golfable than i thought as long as there ain't a lot of headwind. I think i'll try one that floats to see how far it goes. This baby is consistently long and straight for a long and fast disc. Just not the longest disc out there but very close anyway. Almost max D and repeatably long and very golfably accurate? Bagged.

What the Quasar 150 reminds me of most is the new mold Beasts that were flipping some but a hair more HSS and way longer and glidier. The fade is only a little harder. I like it a lot. Unlike DD2 BLizz and Krait Blizz that i bought at the same time. So far i think i've thrown each Bliz mold other than the Scorpius and overall this is the best disc. Boss is longer by a few feet and overstable Destros are good for hooks and utility shots as long as there isn't a lot of headwind. There are hooking discs in other molds and OS Destros are so short that i'd rather take a heavy regular disc like the Pred so the Boss and the Quasar are the bagged discs so far. A heavy enough Wraith ain't bad but it doesn't offer anything more or better than the best Blizzard or regular discs. The Quasar and Boss do. Well done Millennium!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:18 am

If you do NOT have long distance, the ZG Quasar should go longer than either the ZG Scorpius or the RPro Boss. The ZGQ is a more throw-able disc for those of us that have less than average distance.

What I was throwing. 2 each. 150 JLS broken in. 135 ZG Quasar new. 131 ZG Scorpius new. 140 something RPro Boss broken in.
I took these out to the field Friday night. Throwing into a headwind. Not a fair fight for the JLS which was the shortest of the four. The ZG Scorpius was the most stable of the four. And the shortest of the other three, but not by that much. The ZG Quasar was the longest of the four. The ZGQ broke down in the headwind one time. Same for the RPB. For my lack of power, the RPB and the ZGQ threw best when given the smallest amount of anhyzer at the release. The ZGS wanted more anhyzer at the release. All of the longer throws were more of a line drive type S shot. I was losing pace if any of the discs got above 15'.

I then took the Quasar out for three chaser rounds. A chaser for me. I am out playing for score, but I will chase the drive (Quasar) with another disc that I believe should out-perform the test. (Not every hole.) The result. The chasers failed by a rate of either 2 or 3 to 1. Meaning that for every ZGQ I threw on course, I failed to catch it two out of three times at best. The differences varied from 3 or 4 paces (10') to upwards of 12 to 15 paces (30' to 35'). The "catches" were those holes where I could run a JLS or QJLS in it's best flight. The score results with the ZGQ. One "Very Good" round. One "Excellent" round. One "Personal Best" round.

The ZGQ will, most likely, take the pure distance slot and the headwind distance slot. The ZG Scorpius will, most likely, take the crazy headwind / bad crosswind slot.
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby slowarm » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:03 pm

ADiscand3Plates wrote:The ZGQ will, most likely, take the pure distance slot and the headwind distance slot. The ZG Scorpius will, most likely, take the crazy headwind / bad crosswind slot.

Seriously? Somebody really throwing Blizzard into headwind?
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm

slowarm wrote:
ADiscand3Plates wrote:The ZGQ will, most likely, take the pure distance slot and the headwind distance slot. The ZG Scorpius will, most likely, take the crazy headwind / bad crosswind slot.

Why not? Many of the Blizzard Bosses I've thrown have been identical in stability with Champ Bosses.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby kern9787 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:06 pm

jubuttib wrote:
slowarm wrote:

Why not? Many of the Blizzard Bosses I've thrown have been identical in stability with Champ Bosses.

Stable or not, lighter discs will get pushed around by the wind more.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:15 am

True but one can throw understable discs into a headwind when the wind is read correctly and compensated for with added hyzer. So why not a speed stable disc like a Blizz Boss? I've thrown my 138 into moderate headwinds with added hyzer to flip to flat. Normal max weight Bosses flip too in heavy winds because they are speed stable. There are beefier Bosses around Ville Piippo has some and those take winds better than most Bosses. They aren't Blizzards though.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:44 am

kern9787 wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
slowarm wrote:
Stable or not, lighter discs will get pushed around by the wind more.
Yes, but it still isn't insanity to throw Blizzards into a headwind. They're not suitable for the harshest winds but can work just fine in moderate conditions.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:29 am

slowarm wrote:

I have some more work to do on this. But. Sure. The biggest thing is this. I don't have your power. So, for me, the stability of the ZGS goes up a notch or two. Next. My current crazy headwind disc is a 150 QOLF. Yea. A 150. That can be a bit tricky at times. The ZGS should make life easier there. My bag has been 150 drivers for several years now. There are drawbacks, but it is what I am happy throwing.
The day the hurricane moved thru Ohio. 2008. We played a tourney that day. Legit 50 to 70 mph winds in the afternoon. I did bring my EXP1 for that guy :D
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment