Gaps to fill

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Gaps to fill

Postby Codit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Hey, thanks for taking the time to check this out. I've played disc golf for a few years but only this summer started playing heavily and want to fill in the gaps of my bag.
I max out distance at about 330 or 340, but that is only if I throw perfect. It's more about 270' on average for drives.

Drivers:
GL Saint -175
Champ Krait (F2'd) - 175
Opto Striker - 173 (i think)
GL Vision - 170
Blizz Ape - 155
R-Pro Boss - 163
TP Sword - 173 (i think)

Mid-Range:
KC Pro 12x Roc - 166
GL Fuse - not sure weight, probably 171 or 173
TP Warship - 171
Champ Cro - 175 (limited run)

Putter:
Tacky SSS (I think) Wizard - 175

I'm playing my first tournament next weekend and wanted to get a few discs to round out my bag a little. I used to have more high speed drivers before I realized and learned that was not a good idea until I could get my power level up. So, I started getting lower speed drivers: Saint, Vision, Striker. I very rarely throw the Sword and Krait at this point, for one they overlap somewhat and I don't have the power for either causing them to fade hard at the end. Just was given the Boss and Ape by my brother, haven't thrown either enough but am thinking Ape can fulfill meathook role, and Boss is probably out of my reach still. I think I'm going to get a River, for straight long drives.

Just got the fuse and am loving it, since I didn't have much understability in my bag. It can carve some awesome lines through the wooded courses I play and always breaks right. Warship is great approach disc, I use the Cro when there's any amount of turn. I don't like the Roc as much as either of these. I think I'm ok in this department, thinking about getting a Ti Buzz for straight shots.

Love this wizard I got a few months ago, favorite putter I've ever thrown. It is somewhat tacoed at this point and very beat in, fairly wobbly in flight. I want to replace this with at least another wizard, but am considering Mercy? Or other Gateway putter?

Where am I overlapping and what gaps are there to fill? Thanks a lot for your time and consideration.
Codit
Noob

Re: Gaps to fill

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:04 pm

welcome to the forum.

I don't think you have any gaps. It appears you have a mold for everything. You could dump the CRO and the Warship and be fine with life.

you might want to try a slower driver.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby victorb » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:27 pm

keltik wrote:
you might want to try a slower driver.

agreed.

at 270' of distance on average, you'd probably be just fine driving with your midranges, or using something slower and maybe a little lighter. Possible good choices for first drivers include stalker, gazelle, cyclone, XL, FD jackal, and the leopard. Pro or dx plastic preferrably, where you can get it.

Welcome to the board. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Codit » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:54 pm

Ok, thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I had forgot to mention I was considering adding a jackal into the mix. Seems like a low speed stable disc I'll be able to have good control and distance with. I think I'll get a Jackal and a River to round out drivers.

I like my cro/warship far more than the roc. Maybe it deserves another interview chance. Think I'll grt that buzzz as well.

Going to get a warlock and wizard I think and try them side by side to see which I prefer.

Thanks again for the advicd!
Codit
Noob

Postby keltik » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:11 pm

If you really like cro & warship, then you'll think the buzzz is their love child(sort of). Buzzz/fuse is a popular combo.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion