Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby disc junkie » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Fixed my post to say zero line. Thanks for F'ing me up Jesse. Yeah zero sucks ballz. EZE is ( . )( . ) for putting.but not so much for driving
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote::oops: so it turns out I may have gotten Zero line and Gripline confused here...my bad lol...yeah ZERO line hella sucks, grip is just ok ;)

First post I was all like "fuck that guy", then your second post I was all like "wait a minute..."

Cool story right?
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby rice.billy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Second the Chameleon Plastic
rice.billy
Noob

Favorite Disc: comet

Postby gknmnstr » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:00 am

Zero is the best putting plastic I have ever used. So you can send me all of yours now...
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby gknmnstr » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 am

For everyone who does not appreciate the true greatness of the zero pure...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqUY6iMBhVo
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby cubeofsoup » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:11 am

How quickly does Zero beat up? Comparisions for stability to an Opto Pure? I have an Opto Pure for driving/approaches and it is great, just curious how different the Zero is?
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:26 am

Very quick break in too much less HSS for hard drives and a hair less LSS after breaking in. If you don't want steeper hyzer flip to flat initial angles.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby gknmnstr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 pm

I carry zero for putting and short anny shots. Opto is only for driving. Zero pure glides less than opto, (which I like in a putter), beats in very quickly and easily, and is very flexible and very grippy.

Also, if you take it easy on your zero plastic and treat it nicely it beats in to the best putter plastic ever. (In my opinion.)
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby wilt » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 am

Extremely late to the party but the fuse is about the best disc ever! What an amazing disc, probably the most fun to throw disc I have ever had. Had one about a month now and I am rarely throwing my sidewinders anymore. I can throw it nearly as far as a driver but way easier to control. Anyhow I am sure most of you already know this but I had to post for this disc. Much much love!!
wilt
Noob

Favorite Disc: opto fuse

Postby gknmnstr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:52 am

Fuse is awesome. The disc that taught me how to really throw.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby what'shisname » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

gknmnstr wrote:Fuse is awesome. The disc that taught me how to really throw.

Yup. Great disc.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby JR » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:34 pm

wilt wrote:Extremely late to the party but the fuse is about the best disc ever! What an amazing disc, probably the most fun to throw disc I have ever had. Had one about a month now and I am rarely throwing my sidewinders anymore. I can throw it nearly as far as a driver but way easier to control. Anyhow I am sure most of you already know this but I had to post for this disc. Much much love!!

Throw harder and nose down with drivers each of them is longer than the Fuse when you give them enough power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby gknmnstr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Depends on how big your arm is. Fuse is a great disc to learn to be great from.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:18 pm

Because the weather is turning to cold and wet it is time for me to search for grippier dscs than MVP products so i got an EZE Mercy. Only one session with it in the wind and it drove straight no flipping even in headwind and if not thrown over 10' high the fade was very small. Putts fade a little more than i like and maybe it drops a hair too fast but mine is a max weight and i've thrown 168 MVPs. Because soft APX is tackier it will be better in colder winter weather but the Mercy can handle driving so they could pair up very nicely. I also got a classic Aviar because in the warm store it felt a little softer and tackier than older ones but taking it out it was only a hair grippier than MVP stuff plus it didn't wear nicely at all. Nasty bottom after one round with parts missing and also a little too hard more abrupt albeit a little later fade than with the Mercy. The Mercy glided better despite being 5 grams heavier. 290' Mercy 270' Classic Aviar on good throws in wind lulls. Mercy deserves more testing. I might get one in a lighter weight for putting but i need to get my hands on P P2 first to see how they feel for tackiness.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:49 am

Two rounds with the Mercy in dew and i didn't need to throw steep hyzers or annies beyond approaches so i can't yet tell about pushing through hyzer/anny. With straight shots this is an incredible disc. I'm gonna have to do a shootout between the Anode and my 175 EZE Mercy. So far it seems that the Mercy is at least as HSS if not more without release fussiness from shape and totally superior grip with only a mild fade that might be a hair more than the Anode. But i need to confirm that in side by side testing because they are fairly close. The Mercy has a distinct advantage from the get go in confidence because it has never stuck in the fingers or slipped. I left dew intentionally on the disc and there were lots of water drops and no slipping out whatsoever. I didn't even pinch the disc nor curl the index finger much into the disc. That is insane for me having legendarily poor grip in the skin and nerve damage in the arm automatically opening the fingers due to "too much pain" according to subconscious even in putting despite no felt pain.

The Mercy has possibly the highest HSS to least LSS ratio out there and kept low enough and thrown hard it is the straightest most dependable grippy driving putter i've felt. A little lacking in glide vs the glidiest putters but long enough and easy enough to range and not missing out outrageously per a degree of missed hyzer. The obvious contender for grippy dirving putters Vibram sole fades much earlier and harder. A distinct tunnel advantage to the Mercy and i felt much more at ease with the mercy stepping onto the tee in tunnels and especially in an uphill tunnel. Piece of cake. I think i need to get a lighter one for putting because i'm all about glide and straightness and the fade is harder than with Ions, APXs, Rattlers and Anodes. Even though the glide is better than with the Sole my 175 Mercy loses out to my 166-168 Ions, Anodes and APX so i need to see how the glide compares weight for weight. If it is good enough i don't need to use the APX or the Rattler and gain a lot in wind tolerance. Even though the 175 Mercy did lift in driving and putting in the wind. Only the beefiest of putters wouldn't have in the winds i faced. So a great point in favor of the Mercy again in being fairly wind tolerant. Only the Sole and FLX Challenger compares out of tacky putters there.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment