Portable MP3 player speakers

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Portable MP3 player speakers

Postby slowarm » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:29 am

Me whining...

Please, if you want to listen to music on golf course, keep it to your self and use ear pads (at least if your listening to Nickelback).
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby victorb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 am

I use one of the $10 speaker things that zips your mp3 player up inside it, got it from best buy. I only really use it when I'm playing solo rounds, and I still keep it low enough where I can only hear it when I have my bag on. Of course, if I listen to music while playing in a group, I definitely have my ear buds in.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JeffzeNub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:01 am

I got these as a birthday present a few months ago. I though they were neat, but regular ear buds were working just fine until I started playing DG. I would pull across my chest and pull my earbuds out of my ears sometimes. Now I can put my phone in my bag and not have a cord, and you can answer phone calls with them!

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-SPORT-Bluet ... headphones
JeffzeNub
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:43 am

I read poor customer testimonials of those for rain and sweating. At least some units can't take moisture they aren't made to endure all conditions.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JeffzeNub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 pm

JR wrote:I read poor customer testimonials of those for rain and sweating. At least some units can't take moisture they aren't made to endure all conditions.

I read the same, I'm not that big of a sweater but I usually only wear them if I'm playing a round since the earbuds cord gets in the way of my bag or gets caught on branches if I'm throwing from the brush or recovering a disc and I rarely play a round in the heat of the day. If i throw in a field however I will just wear the earbuds since I know they will get wet...even though I'm not a sweater its tough not to sweat in 95 degree heat with 100% humidity! Welcome to Charleston, SC.
JeffzeNub
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby victorb » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:13 pm

JR wrote:I read poor customer testimonials of those for rain and sweating. At least some units can't take moisture they aren't made to endure all conditions.

these are the ones you want to combat sweat and wet weather conditions.

http://store.yurbuds.com/index.php/yurbuds-focus.html

Just thread the cord inside your shirt to prevent it from getting tangled during the round.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Previous

Return to Equipment