Something between a Valkyrie and a Boss?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Something between a Valkyrie and a Boss?

Postby JeffzeNub » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:41 am

Thanks guys, I'm really digging this sport, but the disc selection can be a bit overwhelming at times especially when you first start. I've been wanting to do my first big order of discs online, but was gonna wait until my throw got a bit more developed and I figure out what will work best for me, but in the meantime I am just throwing whatever I can get my hands on...lol
JeffzeNub
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:31 am

There are shit tons of choices between those two discs enough to make your head spin. Pro Beast mid 160s. Thank me later :-) And while there are plenty of other good candidates that baby rocks and has a lot of use once you've developed more power. Good ones don't turn for me at 415'. And they are the least fading such long discs. Point and shoot.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby AcesAZ » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:02 am

Id stay away from DX plastic in high speed distance drivers, anything Innova speed 9 and above. The wider the wing the more susceptible it is to wear and the more angle sensitive it will be in general. JR's post about a Pro Beast is good, pro plastic is very good for grip and wears pretty well. DX plastic is fine for mids and putters.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:28 pm

AcesAZ wrote:Id stay away from DX plastic in high speed distance drivers, anything Innova speed 9 and above. The wider the wing the more susceptible it is to wear and the more angle sensitive it will be in general. JR's post about a Pro Beast is good, pro plastic is very good for grip and wears pretty well. DX plastic is fine for mids and putters.
And fairway drivers. DX Eagles and TeeBirds are things of beauty.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JeffzeNub » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:51 am

JR wrote:...Pro Beast mid 160s. Thank me later :-)...

Aaaaandd....Thank you.
JeffzeNub
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JR » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 am

:-D
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Previous

Return to Equipment