NUKE question...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: NUKE question...

Postby pask2155 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:26 pm

So if you put a number to it... Hypothetically speaking a new nuke might be a high speed turn -1 and low speed 3. And once broke in a high speed -2 low speed 3 still???
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby JR » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Or LSS 2.8 to 2.9 after breaking in.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Sorry what does LSS stand for
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Re: Re: NUKE question...

Postby kern9787 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:55 am

pask2155 wrote:Sorry what does LSS stand for

Low speed stability, or fade.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:58 pm

JR wrote:Or LSS 2.8 to 2.9 after breaking in.
Oh lay off JR. You can't discern between a 2.8-3.0 LSS any more than you can see the difference between a 1 degree turn and a 3 degree turn. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:55 pm

I agree in half. There is no standard for LSS of 2.8 or 3 so it is all relative. However; a degree is a clearly defined thing and i am no claiming i am a human angle measuring machine but ballparking ain't too hard for practical needs in DG where every single degree matters for flight so i tend to watch it closely. Preferring flat shots so missing that it is important to see how far off i was on any given throw to help in diagnosing what went wrong or measuring skill progression. I've done that for 10 years some credit please. Not to mention staring at measuring equipment showing degrees on top of that for a long long time. I ain't young you know i've had time to look at degrees on measuring equipment. You know how a flat shot looks like right? How hard is it really? I won't doubt you if you claim to see what horizontal or any angle is. It's like doubting you know the alphabet. Another thing that is pretty clear and straightforward.

This topic is silly and off topic and repeated ad nauseum so in the future i won't discuss it any more.

In the tv series Kung fu an apprentice asked the master how can he hear a cricket walking and the answer was how you cannot? Senses. Not too hard to use. Often times anyway.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:51 pm

So back on track is there a limit to how much lss and hss can change from a disc breaking in?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 pm

pask2155 wrote:So back on track is there a limit to how much lss and hss can change from a disc breaking in?
Not that I've seen really. I've had discs that barely changed with a few years of work and discs that start out fairly neutral and do a barrel roll at the end of the year (mainly wide rimmed DX discs do that).
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby PMantle » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:10 am

Hastings was having a sale this week and it was time for me to try something new. I took the time to really look at the various Nukes. Between the three models and various plastics it is almost like there are 6 or more different disc models.

Anyway, I really did not want or need anything too far one way or the other stability wise. The ones that really jumped out to me were the X Nukes. More domey than the Zs and ESPs with lower PLH than both, but not as low as the SS. Bought the lowest weight one I could find and headed to the fields.

Wow, what a fun disc to throw. Easily as long as my Blizz Destroyer, but nowhere near as touchy on release. Flips up, heads right just a bit without going to the ground, then recovers without a hard hook at the end. I'll probably only throw it on 3 holes at most, but I just love watching it work. Under $10 too. May have to find a low PLH ESP for into the wind drives.
PMantle
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Previous

Return to Equipment