Mid range anhyzer question...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Mid range anhyzer question...

Postby money 21 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:29 am

pask2155 wrote:
money 21 wrote:keep throwing that buzz as it breaks in more that turn will get easier. that said i also carry a under stable mid as well which are not only good for that anny shot but are easy to hyzer flipp on tight straight shots as well.

what under stable mid range do you use? Or what would people recommend?

I carry a z glide and a star stingray pulls a d zone(which i fh) to cover the RHBH anny mid shot. the star stingray compliments the super stingray i am using as my main mid currently. The z glide is effortless to turn over and hyzer flipps amazingly well for me. the d zone is a great disc it is labled as a putter but is much more useful as a mid IMO. if you want to compliment your buzz get a d buzz and play a few rounds with just it and that should beat it in enough to make it turn for you. the z glide is an to turn disc the x stratus is another easy to turn disc, these disc requir a smooth release and good form or they will turn and burn.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby discspeed » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:43 am

There aren't many mids that really start understable...The ABC Flying Squirrel is one exception. It flies like a thrashed Roc/Shark. The Comet, Meteor, Fuse, and MVP Axis are all good too, though they may require some seasoning to get to the point where they turn on their own.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Steve » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:43 pm

The axis I tried was nothing like a comet or fuse. I would say more like a buzzz.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Wyno » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

Still haven't tried a fuse, but my Axes are def more like a buzzz w less prominent fade, and they hardly turn at all if I don't force them to (rapidly becoming more unpredictable if I try too hard). They do, however, hold an anhyzer b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y.
For late right turns: Beat Comet FTW.
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:14 pm

Wyno wrote:Still haven't tried a fuse, but my Axes are def more like a buzzz w less prominent fade, and they hardly turn at all if I don't force them to (rapidly becoming more unpredictable if I try too hard). They do, however, hold an anhyzer b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y.
For late right turns: Beat Comet FTW.
Those two things describe my Comets pretty much exactly. Axis, when thrown well (it is somewhat touchy, for my grip it's more touchy than the Comet actually), flies very much like a faster Comet.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Wyno » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:26 pm

New Comets hardly turn at all, but X Comets at least won't stay like that for more than a few rounds.
I don't find either disc to be that touchy, but I don't think they fly that similar either. Comets fade less and at a lower speed than the axis, and therefore they can be thrown higher without fading out.
Caveat: My two Axis might be on the stable side, compared to some other descriptions, I'm looking forward to getting more :-)
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Postby jubuttib » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:40 am

Wyno wrote:New Comets hardly turn at all, but X Comets at least won't stay like that for more than a few rounds.
I don't find either disc to be that touchy, but I don't think they fly that similar either. Comets fade less and at a lower speed than the axis, and therefore they can be thrown higher without fading out.
Caveat: My two Axis might be on the stable side, compared to some other descriptions, I'm looking forward to getting more :-)
Yours aren't orange or pink are they? I have an orange and two green FR Axes, and the orange one has a larger dome and a slightly higher PLH. The very domey pink ones are quite a bit more LSS than the others.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:47 am

Steve wrote:The axis I tried was nothing like a comet or fuse. I would say more like a buzzz.

My FR Axis is definitely understable now, and as it has broken in it has become a lot less like a Buzzz and a lot more like a Fuse. Even when new the Axis will hold the slightest anny angles with very little power, where a Buzzz has to be powered more or it will resist turning (this is the case even for X Buzzes, which compare most to the Axis). Like Buzzzes, Axis are designed to be flat, so a domey one doesn't really hold true to how it's supposed to fly.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby pask2155 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

I decided to go with the esp meteor... And for me this disc is awesome for what I was looking for... I can hyzer flip it to go out about 150' before it turns over and then fades anhyzer nice without turning into a roller... so its great for now...lol
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Previous

Return to Equipment