Eurodisc Organic biodegradable disc set

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Eurodisc Organic biodegradable disc set

Postby jubuttib » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:07 am

I noticed these discs from a fairly little known German disc manufacturer in a local sporting goods store, and for shits and giggles thought I'd give them a shot. The set includes a driver, a mid and a putter, in a premium sort of plastic that's stiff, hard and not really what you'd call grippy, though they can stick like heck if I breathe on my hands before grabbing them. I think I've thrown hard Medium Wizards that feel kinda like these, that sort of "plastic plate" feel.

All of the "Organic" ones were white, there was also a cheaper standard edition that had a softer, chalkier plastic with various colours. I don't think they'll be as tough as these are though. I can't really call these sturdy like your normal premium plastic either, they seem brittle somehow and are more likely to scratch than real premium, but I think they'll hold up better than Pro etc.

Normally these sort of things are nothing to write home about, but these actually aren't bad at all.

The putter has a very flat top, a very curved shoulder and a really concave wing, almost reminds me of a Comet. Due to the sloping shoulder and seemingly low PLH I though it'd be very understable when driving, but to my surprise it only turned a tiny bit on a full rip, flew straight for a long time and had a nice small fade at the end. It's fairly fast due to the lower profile, and while the glide isn't great it's not horrible either, and it's really not bad as a driving putter. For putting though, yeah, that's not that great. The slickness of the plastic wreaks havoc when putting, big time. It's not bad when driving, since you're gripping harder anyway, but with a light putting touch it really doesn't work. A shame, since otherwise it'd actually be pretty nice. Wonder how the other plastic would work...

The mid was the first one I actually tried, and frankly it amazed me. The shape is quite reminiscent of a Buzzz, it has a nice very slight dome that extends a from to the edge flight plate to the edge of the stamp and then levels out (so the center of the disc is indeed flat), a blunt nose and a nice concave wing. Speed is about Buzzz level, maybe a bit slower. The flight was what surprised me the most. The glide is pretty excellent (not Fuse level but still pretty great), and the stability is very nice for a workhorse mid. It really did remind me of a Buzzz, or maybe between the Buzzz and the Core. A slight turn to start with, then hold straight for a long while with a small fade at the end. Held very nice anhyzers, pulling out a bit at the end, and also very nice true hyzers. I have to say I liked it quite a bit. I'm normally a TeeBird man (I like neutral discs) and the straight MD2 is my favorite mid, but I also like Eagles, and with the little turn and fade this sort of compares with the MD2 like the Eagle compares with the TeeBird (I'm not saying this is the Eagle of mids though). It didn't power down quite as well as I'd liked it to, it is a bit like the Buzzz in that it is more of a driver than a classic mid.

The driver didn't wow me as much, but it's not bad at all either. It has a similar dome to the mid range, slight consistent one until the stamp starts, fairly sharp nose and a nice concave wing. The speed is at around Innova 7/8 range, glide isn't that great, maybe 4 or 5, and I'd probably put the HSS and LSS figures to -1.5/-2 and +1 at the moment. It was reminiscent of an S-FD (my S-FDs are orange DGR stamped one BTW) with less glide and a narrower cruising speed range. I didn't exactly test it extensively, but it seemed to start fading a bit earlier than the FD.

Eurodisc surprised me. These aren't the greatest discs in the world, but they're a heck of a lot better than I thought they'd be, and for a more advanced player I think it's actually a better set than Innova's starter set (either the Aviar/Shark/Leopard or Aviar/Shark/Valkyrie one). The cost is about the same as 3 DX discs cost in most stores, and these seem to be much more durable than that. The only Eurodisc disc I've seen prior to these was a Mini-Star copy that I use as a marker, they've actually come up with very decent discs on their first go, these kick the ass of ESP and Ching sets easily (yeah, ESP discs are also available here *shudder*). Especially the mid and the putter are actually solid discs, if the plastic was a bit grippier I bet these'd sell decently as standalone discs.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Eurodisc Organic biodegradable disc set

Postby jubuttib » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Not that anyone cares but what the heck: Played two rounds with them today and I need to slightly adjust my opinions of the mid and the driver. Throwing them in more various wind conditions and overall just throwing them more and harder they're not quite as HSS as I initially thought. Both have a noticeable turn, the mid turning like a beat in Buzzz or a Core on the understable side, and when thrown harder the driver has a generous turn too. Not exactly turn and burn but it is definitely understable. However taking that into consideration and supplying them with the appropriate hyzer I have to say I liked both, the mid especially likes to fly on really nice straight lines after the flip or holds a turn for a long time.

The plastic scratches up pretty easily but seemed otherwise nice and sturdy, and I was actually playing decent golf with only these, and the wind was quite noticeable on some holes. The putter was definitely the best of the bunch, flying very controllably on drives and approaches and after getting used to it a bit it wasn't totally hopeless as a putter either. The mid was still nice even though I'd have hoped for a bit more HSS, and the driver did it's job, though I would have wished for quite a bit more HSS. Now it mainly works as a calm condition distance driver, not really as an all-round driver.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Return to Equipment