MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby Leopard » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:53 am

I'm gonna step on the big limb and say CE Omega is what the core feels like to me. Every nerd on staff pretty much nutted at the feel.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 pm

I've been away from throwing MVP plastic for a while, but considering Anodes or Ions for a driving putter.

What I remember about Ions is that they really carry some distance, hold the angle of release, work well in the wind, and gliiiide. How do Anodes compare?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mike C » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:13 am

Superior glide, easier annys and easier dead straight with no fade shots. Pinch less wind fighting and they sometimes flatten out of shallow hyzer releases until they fade but I wouldn't call them flippy. They also feel a slight bit faster.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:43 am

Mike C wrote:Superior glide, easier annys and easier dead straight with no fade shots. Pinch less wind fighting and they sometimes flatten out of shallow hyzer releases until they fade but I wouldn't call them flippy. They also feel a slight bit faster.

Thanks! Is there going to be a noted difference in flight and durability between Neutron vs. Proton plastic?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 am

From my perspective the Anodes are what the early IONs were, except more so. Early IONs were above all straight, glidey and sort of fast (easy distance), and while they do go left and right with hyzer and anhyzer, they push through more than most. Anodes are straighter, glidier and perhaps faster, and also push through a bit more than even the early IONs. They're more HSS and OAT/wind tolerant too, at least for me. Love them.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:24 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
Mike C wrote:Superior glide, easier annys and easier dead straight with no fade shots. Pinch less wind fighting and they sometimes flatten out of shallow hyzer releases until they fade but I wouldn't call them flippy. They also feel a slight bit faster.

Thanks! Is there going to be a noted difference in flight and durability between Neutron vs. Proton plastic?

If the Ion is any indicator then the flights are going to be quite similar and the durability is similar as well. If anything the neutron feels like it shrinks a bit more as my N Ion seems slightly faster than my P Ions.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby discspeed » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:21 pm

I just got a couple of the new Neutron Anodes. After a bit of field work I've concluded that they are the fastest, straightest, and longest putter drivers yet from MVP. Similar to the N Ions, the N Anodes feel as though the cores shrank up a bit more out of the mold.
discspeed

Postby keltik » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:52 am

well I played a quick 18 on the pitch and putt loop near work at lunch (what an awkward sentence). I used only my Glow ION. oh man that is a great putting putter (for me anyway). I also had some success with other shots.

now my questions are:
1.) will the Neutron plastic do better in wet conditions?
2.) do I need to try an Anode? if yes, which plastic?
3.) I'm curious about the Axis? Which plastic should I try first?

P.S. I have been a Pure fanboy for a solid year now. but lately it has felt weird.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby what'shisname » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:34 pm

This sums it up for me, plus the most important difference for me being the comfort of the grip. The Anode has a more shallow grip making it more comfertable for me. Could have been a mental thing, but I often had a finger catch the bead of the Ion throwing it off line. I'd be totally happy with the Anode as my main putter if they only offered a base plastic version of it. They still are my main putter for the moment but I've got some EZE Pures coming to audition for the spot with an Opto counterpart for driving.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Wyno » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Mike, do you know/could you say if MVP are considering more understable discs? I would be really interested in out-of-the-box understable midranges (and drivers) with MVPs consistency, durability and gyro effect...
Mark Ellis wrote:Most sins can be erased with a blunt edged disc.

Main Bag: Z Surge SS, Z Pred, N Volt, E Vector, N Axis, P Ion, P Anode. Touch bag: XLs, Comets, Rattlers
Wyno
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: MVP Anode

Postby discspeed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 am

keltik wrote:well I played a quick 18 on the pitch and putt loop near work at lunch (what an awkward sentence). I used only my Glow ION. oh man that is a great putting putter (for me anyway). I also had some success with other shots.

now my questions are:
1.) will the Neutron plastic do better in wet conditions?
2.) do I need to try an Anode? if yes, which plastic?
3.) I'm curious about the Axis? Which plastic should I try first?

P.S. I have been a Pure fanboy for a solid year now. but lately it has felt weird.

1.) Marginally, but not a huge difference from Proton
2.) Hell yes, it's MVP's best work yet imo...I putt/approach/drive with the softs and also drive with a Neutron, but everyone seems to have a different preference
3.) No Neutron Axis yet, so you are limited to standard proton or Eclipse, which are pretty much the same flightwise. Eclipse has better visibility on the course night or day. The flatter the Axis generally the more neutral the flight, domey = more LSS.
discspeed

Postby discspeed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:57 am

Wyno wrote:Mike, do you know/could you say if MVP are considering more understable discs? I would be really interested in out-of-the-box understable midranges (and drivers) with MVPs consistency, durability and gyro effect...

Yes they are. When I met with them at the factory last month we talked about this...Filling out their line with new molds is among their most urgent of priorities currently, including understable ones.
discspeed

Postby JR » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:12 am

Second on the Anode being the disc so far from MVP.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jeronimo » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:26 am

Can we do a new DGR stamp run of Anodes? I'd love something to go with my Ions that isn't the standard stamp and would be unique to Anodes.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby zj1002 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:13 pm

Golf is dead neutron anodes are sick if you want a custom anode
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment