Blizzard for a Grandmaster & Senior Grandmaster

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Blizzard for a Grandmaster & Senior Grandmaster

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I play almost every Sunday with some of the most smartassed old men that you'd ever have the pleasure to meet. They also happen to rule the shorter heavily wooded Shelby Forest that often humbles power dominate players. Blizzards have really caught on in the Mid-South and the old timers, like many others, are seeing these discs adding distance. One of these old farts throws and XS around 250' and complains (as usual) that the blizzards he's tried either fade out too quickly or turn and burn too quickly, none glided flat :roll:

Can I get some recommedations on blizzard molds and specific weights for #1) 225-250' throwers and #2) 250-275' throwers? If dome/PLH/color matters LMK, really would like a glide flat solution if possible, and thanks!
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Blizzard for a Grandmaster & Senior Grandmaster

Postby money 21 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I play with a couple grand masters and they bomb katanas in the high 130's. They also though 150 mambas like crazy. props to the dude rocking the xs as well very under rated disc.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: Blizzard for a Grandmaster & Senior Grandmaster

Postby JR » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:20 am

Both 250' and 275' should use the least fading slowest driver that is also super light. Because no Blizzz out yet is of a low fade model. I've heard talk of Blizz Beasts eventually so that will be a good one provided Innova can make them fly like normal. In the meantime 130 Wraith possibly Katana (might still be too flippy at 130) and Mamba are the mildest discs. I haven't thrown the Mamba but i'd imagine that it too is flippy. Wraith 130 might not be too flippy at their power but i haven't powered down that much yet. Katana 138 IIRC flipped horribly even with powered down stand stills in winter clothing so getting the weight right is an issue. Those shots were in that distance range so 14X probably over 145 is better for not flipping. My 150 Katana is way better than that ridiculous lighter one. I imagine it powers down ok for 275' and won't fade horribly only if thrown below head height. Katanas fade more than Wraiths.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Equipment