Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Ask MILLENNIUM Golf Discs (1.8 QJLS are mislabeled QPLS)

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Anyone throwing Q Astras? I never got into Astras because I saw they were only run in base plastic. Now that they are out in Quantum, I'm giving them some serious thought as a max D driver - one lighter for tailwinds and big hyzerflips, one heavier for controlled anhyzers and stable distance. Are the lighter weights too understable to be useful? For reference, I'm getting Valkyries out to 380'.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Q Astras are pretty good. I use a Q for most distance and anhyzer duties and an M Astra for uphill and tailwinds.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Steve » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:36 pm

I was discussing discs with Steady over the weekend and got on the topic of 1.3 Solfs. I remember a post about some 1.3s being plus rims and some 1.3s were not. He showed me his 1.3 that was not a plus rim and I looked at it closely. It was actually a 1.1 Solf with a 1.3 stamp. The markings were identical to one I had in the bag and I could not tell the two discs apart (zipper top and all). I guess they must have had a bunch of leftovers when Discs Unlimited took over and they were stamped up and sent out. Can anyone with bigger access to discs or info confirm this?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby zj1002 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:03 pm

It's been happening since DU took over the day to day operations

Old stock is going out if they need the model(low). QPLS were the same way. Plenty of old 2003 QPLS mixed into stock now. It's a lot cheaper to stamp blank stock than pay innova to mold up new stuff. Plus they are on innova molding schedule which means its faster to turn to old blank stock when you are low on a model

Just what I've gathered in my weekly annoyances of Ned :)
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:39 am

Hwicha wrote:
Steady 26542 wrote:
Hwicha wrote:I would be very interested in a 16X gr. S-Scorpious. Should be a promising disc. Although I wonder how domey it's gonna turn out to be.

I guess I need to send yet another order to Ned.

I could take a pic of both the ZG Scorpius and the S Scorpius end to end if you'd like. I'm supposed to get the S this Thurs. Although I'm going to be busy until Monday...

That would be great. I think that many people who follow here will appreciate it!

I'm having a difficult time getting a good pic. The dome is not pronounced. It's a smooth dome. All three look the same to my eyes. (ZG, S, Q) It is pretty overstable. I used the S as my shorter sidearm disc. My ZG is beat in some and is a somewhat straighter. The Q & S were the same. I have a 163 ZG Quasar that I'm going to test as a sidearm disc as well.
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby Hwicha » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:01 am

zj1002 wrote:It's been happening since DU took over the day to day operations

Old stock is going out if they need the model(low). QPLS were the same way. Plenty of old 2003 QPLS mixed into stock now. It's a lot cheaper to stamp blank stock than pay innova to mold up new stuff. Plus they are on innova molding schedule which means its faster to turn to old blank stock when you are low on a model

Just what I've gathered in my weekly annoyances of Ned :)

Are you saying that there are 1.1 SOLFs around? But they just stamped 1.3? WoW! I could really use some 1.1s. Love them. I doubt though that I could any of those here in Europe.

If anybody has access to a bigger stock I would highly appreciate is someone can dig me out a couple of YELLOW 165-170 1.1 SOLFs. But they got to be 1.1s. That flat-top awesomeness!
Team Millennium
Russian DG Association president
PDGA CC Russia
Hwicha
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Millennium

Postby Steady 26542 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:39 pm

ZJ, did you ever get a chance to throw the 1.2 S-Sent? According to Steve it has the +mold. (right Steve?) It is very overstable. It's more overstable than my 8-9/10 Sanny Q-Sent. :shock: What do you think??
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby zj1002 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:54 am

They do appear to be plus mold

I have not gotten a chance to throw them. I'll see if I can this weekend

The dome is similar to other S-Sents.

The slant feels like it might be what is causing it to be overstable if it is leading to early releases
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:22 pm

Sparkle Astra.
Picked up three over the last few months via trades. Thrown them in the field. Can not do anything with them. Just too heavy I guess.

Bin Name Plastic Type Color Weight Ink Wear Stamp Version
c Astra M Pink Dye 163 Blank 9 Normal 1.1
c Astra Sparkle Q Orange 166 Blank 10 Normal
c Astra Sparkle Q Silver 175 Normal 10 Normal
c Astra Sparkle Q Orange 166 Blank 10 Normal

Would like to work out some type of trade. Open to most anything. My tag line shows my current bag. The ZG Quasars work very well. My drivers are all 150 (or less), but my mids and putters are all heavy. Send me a pm if you are interested.
Omega SS / Tank Panzer / QMS / CE QMS / AMF / Q Sent / Polaris / SJLS / JLS / ZG Scorpius / ZG Quasar
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby Joz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Millennium heads - Is it true what Marshall Street is saying; the Scorpius is nothing but a Destroyer with a different stamp on it?
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby zj1002 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 pm

MST says a lot of stuff
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Joz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:22 pm

zj1002 wrote:MST says a lot of stuff

And...?

Just wondering. I love my Destroyers and was interested in trying the Scorpius out, but if it's just a re-stamped Destroyer then count me out.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby zj1002 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:23 pm

Basically take MST descrips with a grain of salt from my experience.

The Scorpius is intended to be a destroyer type. It's very similar. But the PDGA gives it different measurements from the Destroyer and it does have a smaller feeling rim width. And all the ones I have seen look like the same mold, you can't say the same for a destroyer which has different tops and domes all over the place. The Scorpius is more stable than most destroyers as well
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Joz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Thanks for the reply, ZJ. Soooo, what do I want, the sirius or the quantum plastic :)
Joz
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm

zj1002 wrote:Basically take MST descrips with a grain of salt from my experience.

The Scorpius is intended to be a destroyer type. It's very similar. But the PDGA gives it different measurements from the Destroyer and it does have a smaller feeling rim width. And all the ones I have seen look like the same mold, you can't say the same for a destroyer which has different tops and domes all over the place. The Scorpius is more stable than most destroyers as well
Not that you should really trust the PDGA measurements to any huge extent.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment