Mike's Gorilla Boy

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Mike's Gorilla Boy

Postby Mike C » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:17 pm

Well, here is my current bag and how I use my discs. Typical max d listed too.

Putters - 250' fh / 350' bh

172 Eclipse Proton Soft Anode - Putts
172 Neutron Anode - Drives and up shots
176 Neutron Ion - Drives and up shots

Mids - 300' fh / 380' bh

179 Eclipse Proton Axis - Worn, mild high speed turn off the tee, dead straight and neutral at approach distance.
177 Eclipse Proton Axis - Newer, straight with late, small fade. True stable off the tee.
173 Eclipse Proton Vector - Straight with an earlier and harder fade.

Drivers - 380' fh / 440' bh

175 Star Roadrunner - Turnovers and shit
169 QOLF 1.1 - Less flip, better in wind, but still s curves when thrown flat.. Favorite driver by far, it's perfectly seasoned.
175 QOLF 1.2 - Fresh and stable, no turn in calm conditions ripped hard and flat.
175 Opto XXX - Beef.

Max D discs - 400' fh / 475' bh

171 Quasar - Flippy
175 Quasar - Overstable (More os than I want, lost my seasoned os Quasar)

I don't throw many turnover shots, especially at short range. I throw an even mix of fh and bh, and use all sorts of hyzer and anhyzer angles to get the lines I need. Generally I only throw turnover shots off the tee.

There are only two things I don't feel 100% on right now. I have a nice collection of Discmania DD's and I like the mold a lot, but it feels like it would be redundant to carry and they don't go quite as far as Quasars do. Also I've considered adding a flippy long range disc to my bag because if I lost my flippy Quasar I'd be hurtin. Kind of want to try a Star Katana but they seem inconsistently molded. Might try a Roadrunner. I dunno.

http://i.imgur.com/iig3e.jpg[/QUOTE]
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Re: Mike's Gorilla Boy

Postby Mike C » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:24 pm

Excuse the shit that doesn't make sense like the stuff about katanas and rr's at the end. It is impossible to edit long posts on an adroid phone apparently and I just copied this from another post.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby dgdave » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:51 pm

You can totally edit on Android. 99% of my posts are from my phone.

Anywho, try a Discmania TD or a roadrunner.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby JR » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:14 am

The heaviest Zero G Quasar (158/159) for even more D than the RR and the TD. Way more D. Less flippy than Katanas unless you get a Champ CFR that doesn't flip much at all at a little over 400'. Might at your full power but i don't imagine those to be truly flippy. The lighter Quasars flip without gritting the teeth but aren't uncontrollable like most Katanas are at your power.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mike C » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:03 am

That sounds worth trying. I have a 150 blizz boss I found I'm not especially impressed with but a slightly heavier Quasar may give me a flight kind of like my worn Quasar, and I wouldn't be upset if I lost it.

Dgdave, I can edit the top of the post but while I'm editing the post it lets me scroll down some but never to the bottom of the post. Even if I drag he text selector tool as low as I can. Tried portrait and landscape. Does that work for you?
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:12 pm

The Bosses fade hard the Quasar probably less than half of that. It should work at your power as long as it is heavier. Even a 150 might work if you don't mind steeper initial hyzer angles.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Mike C » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby cubeofsoup » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:03 am

What do you think of the *RR so far? I put one in the bag a few weeks ago and I'm enjoying it, super easy hyzer flips.
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby Mike C » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:00 pm

It's been fun to throw. Touch more OS than I was expecting and sneaky long, but I'm getting the hang out it.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion