Approaching 400, still have lots of issues. Please review

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Approaching 400, still have lots of issues. Please review

Postby BGDG » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:25 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_0jUkD1K3U&feature=plcp

I've been working on distance all summer and improving, thanks to DGR. I feel like some issues might be: strong-arming, weight-forward, footwork, etc. Let me know what you see, any comments would be appreciated. Thanks
BGDG
Noob

Re: Approaching 400, still have lots of issues. Please revie

Postby Triton » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:38 pm

On the last throw of the video it looked to me like your weight wasn't forward enough, which is robbing you of more power and makes for getting the nose down harder as well. You may try to shorten the last step to help assist you in getting your weight more forward. I'm sure others will have some better and more detailed advice, but that is just some quick advice from me until someone else gets to this thread. Hope that helps.
Destroyer, Tern, PD,XXX, Tee Bird, Roc, Judge
Triton
Noob

Postby seabas22 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:13 pm

Footwork and weight transfer and timing and coming over the top. You get footfooted and your weight/balance is all off. Watch these, notice the difference in footwork and timing the backswing and downswing.

seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby BGDG » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys. The video clips are helpful as well. I"ll work on those ideas in the morning, thanks
BGDG
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:31 am

You are flat footed and the final step is too long because you raised the right leg from the hip joint toward the target. Also the legs were too loose in the final throw because the knees bent and moved forward leaving the upper body weight back. The earlier throws looked to have shorter steps. The arm doesn't move that fast so you might wanna train the brain to command the arm to move faster. That is helped by keeping the muscles looser. You can reach back farther for more power creation. At first it can mess up balance, timing, coordination and concentrating on accelerating the arm so it is easy to lose distance. Don't be discouraged about that it is normal. In order to reach back farther you need to point the heels at the target in the x and plant steps.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JHern » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:40 am

You're close to getting some real whip action, but like others said, you seem to be pulling the trigger a bit soon. This is why you feel like you're strong arming, why your weight isn't forward enough, etc.. Try delaying the beginning of your pull a fraction of a second later, and whip all the blood to the tips of the fingers on your throwing hand...
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Return to Video Critique