Between a Orc and a Boss

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Between a Orc and a Boss

Postby funzy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:24 pm

When I throw the Champion Orc hard it turns over, and usually I can't throw the Champion Boss hard enough for the right flight pattern. I'm looking for the right disc that lies between these two discs. I've tried the Champion Groove with bad results, and I've tried countless other discs (too many to name). Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks
funzy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champion Boss

Re: Between a Orc and a Boss

Postby dgdave » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:41 pm

Wraith
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:43 pm

Hello and welcome! Sounds like it might be time to get a new orc if yours is starting to get flippy :) or are you looking for a max distance longer flying disc whose stability falls between your flippy orc and a boss.

How far can you throw your orc and boss?
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby pask2155 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:04 pm

I say a star destroyer! It will go as far as any disc out there and the star keeps it a little less stable. So it should get you where you wanna be.

I say let me buy your Orc off you!
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 04, 2012 4:59 am

pask2155 wrote:I say a star destroyer! It will go as far as any disc out there and the star keeps it a little less stable. So it should get you where you wanna be.

I say let me buy your Orc off you!
Granted I haven't thrown too many Champ Destroyers, but the ones I have thrown weren't as overstable as half of the Star Destroyers I've thrown.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

There are dozens of discs between those two so more specifics would help but Destro is a good starting point but a Wraith is more golfable.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby pask2155 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:38 pm

JR wrote:There are dozens of discs between those two so more specifics would help but Destro is a good starting point but a Wraith is more golfable.

Why is a wraith more golfable?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 am

It forgives slips and powering down more because it is slower and fades later and less. Thus it easier to keep in the fairway. Also it is easier to shape lines with the Wraith because of the stability and power requirement difference.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby pask2155 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 am

JR wrote:It forgives slips and powering down more because it is slower and fades later and less. Thus it easier to keep in the fairway. Also it is easier to shape lines with the Wraith because of the stability and power requirement difference.

yeah i see what you mean... But that's why I started a thread about the teedevil, because from the numbers innova gives about it, it should be a straighter easier to shape disc than the destroyer but you could squeeze an extra 20' from drives that the wraith couldn't do (unless really thrown hard but then the controlled drive and easy line aspect is gone). So the ideal would be the teedevil but it seems that people have many mixed feeling about it... One guy even said his disc was like a MAX! That's crazy!
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Gateway Slayer and probably not a full weight maybe 170.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Equipment