Let's talk it out...

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Let's talk it out...

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:20 pm

Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby andrew » Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:48 pm

Gotta love when page 2 is, "What the... guess I have to read page 1 now...."
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby BLURR » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 pm

I'd like to get something off my chest...Fuck you Prime Disc's!!! I just stumbled upon their ebay auction site and talk about price gouging. Absolutely ridiculous.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JHern » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 pm

Interesting things I've learned about myself that made a big difference in my game:
-Think birdie, or at worst, easy par. Get into the mindset of scoring. Pars are your new bogies.
-Beer has a deleterious effect on your golf game. Save it for after the round.
-Stay hydrated, and eat light (both salty and sweet) snacks to maintain alkali and sugar levels.
-Take a juicy orange, and eat it if you feel you're hitting an energy low and need a quick boost.
-Take a long walk or hike the day before your tournament, and don't throw anything. It will warm your body up, without stressing your muscles.
-Your putting game will improve phenomenally if you can park your upshots. Upshots are the difference between AM1 and AM2.
-If you only play competition rounds, but you don't play practice rounds where you go for risky/difficult shots (especially putts), then your game will never improve.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 am

JHern wrote:Interesting things I've learned about myself that made a big difference in my game:
-Think birdie, or at worst, easy par. Get into the mindset of scoring. Pars are your new bogies.
-Beer has a deleterious effect on your golf game. Save it for after the round.
-Stay hydrated, and eat light (both salty and sweet) snacks to maintain alkali and sugar levels.
-Take a juicy orange, and eat it if you feel you're hitting an energy low and need a quick boost.
-Take a long walk or hike the day before your tournament, and don't throw anything. It will warm your body up, without stressing your muscles.
-Your putting game will improve phenomenally if you can park your upshots. Upshots are the difference between AM1 and AM2.
-If you only play competition rounds, but you don't play practice rounds where you go for risky/difficult shots (especially putts), then your game will never improve.

One other thing to add to this list that I have found helpful during tournament play. I stow away a couple of restaraunt style packets of honey and grab one when I feel like I am going to bonk. Be sure to drink some water with this. Within about 10 minutes, I feel back to normal with a little kick of energy to boot. So, next time you are at a KFC, snag a couple extra honey packets and put them in your dg bag.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby keltik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:39 am

7ontheline wrote:Image

I guess the olympics skewed my mental image of ladies beach volleyball. also nice job on a pic with no one's face.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:47 am

I only caught a little of the olympics and none of women's beach volleyball. My wife put on a queen of the beach tourney this past weekend and tropical depression Issac made for some cool weather and decent wind.

Here's my queen holding another's princess :wink:

Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 am

what is going on in this thread?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby keltik » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:40 am

I don't know we just started talking about angry wives and then pictures were demanded and then we started talking about volleyball.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby ziggy » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:05 am

angry wives, volleyball, and disc golf - let us all join hands.

I've learned that working 40+ hours a week and taking grad school hell in the evenings does not do a disc good.

I am now renting a house and two of my chainstars are emerging from storage. hopefully get a couple putts in.

I have switched over to carts to tote my gear. Easier on the back, but I still have to bend down and pick stuff up. Cant win.

I have discovered the Squall. I am now nuts to take on il13.org
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:19 pm

My wife isn't angry and her girlfriends are quite the opposite. They're always asking me to come out and play, which I'm tempted to do, but what's that going to do to my golf game. They're all a lot nicer than 95% of the dudes I play leagues with and 100% better looking.

Anyone else play with their wife/significant others :?

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby iacas » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:11 am

7ontheline wrote:Anyone else play with their wife/significant others :?

My wife and daughter enjoy it. I think the longest either of them have thrown a disc is about 100' and 75' respectively, but my daughter is the size of a six-year-old so I'm okay with that for now. :) They might never get a birdie but they're happy to walk around in the woods for a few hours, occasionally throwing a piece of plastic.

I'm supposed to rant here I guess, so... I guess I will just say that I hate hate hate hate hate that there's not a disc golf course worth anything within almost an hour's drive of me. I'm trying to get a course built here in Erie, PA but it's pretty obnoxious that we don't have one already. :(
Erik from Erie, PA • PDGA #55398

Erie Disc Golf on FacebookOn the Web
iacas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Volt

Postby Leopard » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:33 am

BLURR wrote:I'd like to get something off my chest...Fuck you Prime Disc's!!! I just stumbled upon their ebay auction site and talk about price gouging. Absolutely ridiculous.

bear in mind that i'm not involved in the ebay store and i rarely look at it. i'm curious why you'd be so mad about the pricing.

the collectibles are priced higher than most people let them go for. occasionally, way higher, but if that's the price they're willing to sell it for, what's the problem? a lot of the stuff is no-reserve auctions. people can buy them other places if it's cheaper. is it okay for prime ebay to price their things?
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm

What do you guys do to rebound from a terrible round? I played a weekly doubles event last night and completely sucked. Granted, I'm a little sick so I'm blaming some of it on that but damn, it was bad.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:What do you guys do to rebound from a terrible round?

#1 blame the discs
#2 practice putt
#3 field practice (if my lines are off)
#4 play everyday

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion