Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique
Moderators: Timko, Fritz, Solty, Booter, Blake_T, Frank Delicious
Whats better and why? I've always pivoted on the ball of my foot, never noticed a problem..
B!tch out + Pitch out =]
- Posts: 74
- Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:46 am
- Favorite Disc: Buzzzzz
I'm too sore yet to try to learn the heel pivot properly. Carlsen measured repeated higher power (slight improvement) out of the heel pivot. Climo and Feldy suggest heel pivot for for easier pulling the disc on a line.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
- Scandinavian Video Mafia
- Posts: 11706
- Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
- Location: Finland, sea level
- Favorite Disc: About to ace
Anyone else have any thoughts on this? I find I'm a toe guy. How much will this hurt distance and accuracy? The heel I have tried it and it just seems so weird for me
- Tree Magnet
- Posts: 268
- Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm
- Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION
to me the thought of using toe just makes me think I'd lose power. On accuracy though? I don't think it matters there that much if at all.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.
NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
- Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
- Posts: 1212
- Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
- Location: Finland, Kuopio
- Favorite Disc: FR Roc3
I pivot on the heel. If I pivot on the toe/ball of foot it feels like I have shin splints.
- 2010 DGR Donator
- Posts: 3399
- Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
- Location: High Point NC
- Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó
My right knee loves the heel pivot. My left knee has no preference.
- Tree Magnet
- Posts: 495
- Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:11 am
- Location: SE Wisconsin
- Favorite Disc: Panther
Return to Technique
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest