The Gospel of the PD

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Sounds like a freak, unless it's a flatter C-PD. If it's S-Line then yeah, it's a freaky Freak, but it should beat in beautifully.

Take that with a grain of salt, since I haven't actually ever thrown a Force, just heard other people describe it. The PD is an overstable disc when new, no doubt about that.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Hoey » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:48 pm

TLapham wrote:Yeah it's a C PD. I'll pick up an S. Probably compliment each other nicely.

they really do TL... a beat SPD is a gd thing of beauty.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:36 am

Man...shit, I got a spankin new SPD the other day because my stable one had finally beaten to pretty damn straight, evidently I should have inspected it a bit better before purchase, it seems to have a mild + rim and is fairly neutral out of the box...fucking lame :( I'm REALLY sick of innova changing all the molds I throw with no notice and with seemingly no reason. I saw a pd with a fucking vulcan top the other day too, what is the world coming to?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby dehaas » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:43 am

the last batch of s pds (upper 160s) i snagged from the factory store seemed to have a mildly slanted rim.
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby linkinparkervii » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:12 am

Jesse B 707 wrote:Man...shit, I got a spankin new SPD the other day because my stable one had finally beaten to pretty damn straight, evidently I should have inspected it a bit better before purchase, it seems to have a mild + rim and is fairly neutral out of the box...fucking lame :( I'm REALLY sick of innova changing all the molds I throw with no notice and with seemingly no reason. I saw a pd with a fucking vulcan top the other day too, what is the world coming to?

The vulcan top is the test configuration. Ive seen theyve been popping up at places like DGC
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Postby discspeed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 am

I'm down to only throwing my yellow champystar SPDs. I've got one nicely seasoned one that is super workable and a new one in my bag and a good number of backups. I'm hoping the Volt will give the PD a run for that slot in my bag, but that's a big if at this point. I too am tired of Innova's BS...Both in their mess-ups and their attitude.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Timko » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Discspeed, send me some more yellows. Please. I have the one you sent me a while back in the bag, and it's become my #1 driver.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby JR » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:41 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:Man...shit, I got a spankin new SPD the other day because my stable one had finally beaten to pretty damn straight, evidently I should have inspected it a bit better before purchase, it seems to have a mild + rim and is fairly neutral out of the box...fucking lame :( I'm REALLY sick of innova changing all the molds I throw with no notice and with seemingly no reason. I saw a pd with a fucking vulcan top the other day too, what is the world coming to?

Shit somebody earned a cock punch with that top grr :evil:
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby dehaas » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:07 pm

this may be a silly question, but people seem to speak highly of the mythical champystar pds. were these freak stamped or shield stamped, or a little of both?
dehaas
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: wizard

Postby Joz » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

I have them in both.
Joz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby what'shisname » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Mine are all dgr stamps.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Flick4D » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Mine are red with white freak stamps, also have a red test config. champystar, and 1 yellow freak stamp that is champystar, but not quite as much as the reds.
Flick4D
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Star Destroyer

Postby discspeed » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:03 pm

The yellows are like stiff opaque champ plastic, only a little grippier. They are MUCH more durable than any of the other SPDs, including the red champystars.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby sunspot » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:24 pm

dehaas wrote:the last batch of s pds (upper 160s) i snagged from the factory store seemed to have a mildly slanted rim.

Ugghhhhh

discspeed wrote:I'm down to only throwing my yellow champystar SPDs. I've got one nicely seasoned one that is super workable and a new one in my bag and a good number of backups. I'm hoping the Volt will give the PD a run for that slot in my bag, but that's a big if at this point. I too am tired of Innova's BS...Both in their mess-ups and their attitude.

I'll give the Volt a try if it's similar. The inconsistency in Innova is bothersome.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:31 pm

Well god fucking damnit if they've started to meddle with the PD. They did this once with the C-PD and Jussi wasn't happy at all, hopefully they'll tackle this madness quickly too.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment