Looking for a Telecaster - Local

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking for a Telecaster - Local

Postby Blake_T » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:02 pm

Almost done with my musical overhaul and have luckily kept it in the black (what I've sold has out-valued what I've bought).

Last item on the list is a Telecaster. I'm not super picky about which model or where it was made, but I plan on doing mods so I am hoping that it will:
1) fit modern style tuning keys (10mm hole)
2) be able to change bridges
3) have a standard 2 single coil set up for pickups.

If you have one you want to part with, let me know what it is and what you are looking to get for it.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Looking for a Telecaster - Local

Postby dgdave » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:39 am

I've got one, but I'm in Ok.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby pietrocrespi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:17 pm

I have one, and I'm in Georgia, but it is beautiful. Also I don't want to get rid of it, just want to show it off. :)

pietrocrespi
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Leopard » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey Blake, does this drive you nuts? How far off the average metropolis is this?
http://austin.craigslist.org/msa/

I keep a close eye on it every once in a while... it's exhausting as a regular practice. But it seems like an insane volume of stuff that moves quickly. Good balance of instruments and qualities, prices seem to be reasonable.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Blake_T » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Austin pretty much lines up with what stuff goes for on Ebay, so that's a good thing if you live there.

What pisses me off about the mn craigslist is that 70% of the state's population is located within a 40 mile x 40 mile area. The end result is a few people with time and money that hoard up the decent deals with the intent to resell (or hoard them for future resale). The worst example of this was when I was checking for TV's and someone listed a 40" sony for really cheap and someone beat me to it since I didn't get my email sent until the ad was live for 10 minutes :P It was relisted on CL for $225 more in a city 15 miles south of the original listing within 90 minutes. What happens here is that the in demand stuff gets priced above market value and the lower demand stuff bottoms out hard.

Tele's should go for about:
$600-750 for a USA, slightly higher if perfect mint w/ case, etc.
$500ish for a highway 1
$250ish for a MIM, slightly lower or higher depending upon condition.

Right now here people on CL here have tele's priced at like $850+ for USA (GC just had them on sale for $799 new w/ case), MIM's for $350+, the last highway 1 was listed at $675 (HEH?), etc. and the same ads just cycle over and over again. You can get a USA Strat right now for $500-550 though or a MIJ Strat for $350-500, both of which are undervalued. Just really sucks knowing that anything decent is getting bought up by the same 8 people (I've dealt with them).

You'd laugh if you saw the offers I've gotten for my Les Paul Standard (some people seem to think I would trade it straight across for an Am Std Tele?).

I might just put the tele idea off for now. I've had 80+ guitars and never owned a telecaster... heh, figured it was time to get one but now seems like the wrong time.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Return to Garage Sale