New Champion Blend

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New Champion Blend

Postby dgdave » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:31 pm

I've had a destroyer in that. It was Flay and crazy overstable.

On another note, here is part of my stash of some of the new, flat firebirds. I'm convinced that they are CE. Exactly like some of the slightly see through later runs. Stiff and overstable. I'll try to find a pic of a pinky that's the same solar and feel of the one pictured

"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

New Champion Blend

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:22 pm

EDIT - nope...nevermind.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:55 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:I've been coming across champion beasts molded in a new (to me at least) champion blend that is a lot clearer than most blends and feels like it would wear like iron. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

I hope they start running other things in it aside from beasts. Or maybe I should try a beast.

Like this?

Orange - 175g, FLAT, highest PLH, slightly gummy, and is the most transparent
Merlot - 168, slight dome, lower PLH, gummier, and slightly less transparent
Pink - 167, most dome, lowest PLH, gummiest, and slightly less transparent

The pink is more transparent than the picture gives credit. All three are incredibly clear compared to normal runs of champ.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby x-out » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:36 pm

dgdave wrote:I've had a destroyer in that. It was Flay and crazy overstable.

On another note, here is part of my stash of some of the new, flat firebirds. I'm convinced that they are CE. Exactly like some of the slightly see through later runs. Stiff and overstable. I'll try to find a pic of a pinky that's the same solar and feel of the one pictured

the boards don't seem as fun as they used to be, but i'll chime in on this one.

these discs are no more CE than any other form of champion from the past X number of years. they get material that is CE is specs, but isn't the CE we are used to from "back in the day".
its a game of mistakes. whoever can make the least amount of mistakes wins.
x-out
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:11 am

I know. These are just some of the closest to to some of the late blend CE that's I've had
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby Fightingthetide » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Has anyone found a way to rub the flash off of these without gouging the disc? I want to avoid razors, and I normally use carpet to smooth flash down, but this stuff is stubborn. I'm hoping to start using these and wearing them in over a few months to see how they fly. Any word if this is the same blend for the Totem Teebirds?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jubuttib » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 pm

Sandpaper.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Spinthrift » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Has anyone found a way to rub the flash off of these without gouging the disc? I want to avoid razors, and I normally use carpet to smooth flash down, but this stuff is stubborn. I'm hoping to start using these and wearing them in over a few months to see how they fly. Any word if this is the same blend for the Totem Teebirds?

I dependably use a 3M sanding sponge. If flash is heavy I'll start with medium grit, then use fine, sanding in a circular motion and testing after each pass until it's smooth.
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:40 am

I use a pairing knife to remove the flashing. Have yet to take any chunks out of a disc. Slow and steady wins the race.

On a side note, love the new flat top fb's. Picked up this beauty the other day.

If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:35 am

jubuttib wrote:Sandpaper.

Pretty high grit number. At least 300. Beware that in powdered form polyurethane can be toxic i just don't know if Champion or Star/Z and ESP and others too that contain the plastic is as highly carcinogenic. Because you can breathe in that sanded powder you want to contain the powder. Dilution might help so sanding outside might or might not be a good idea. Not in windy conditions because then you will breathe in that stuff.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri May 03, 2013 8:23 pm

Bringing this back up.

Maybe I'm missing another thread that talks about this new plastic, but I just picked up a new 175 Champ Teebird that's just as flat my beat 11x Champ. It's not stiff, and somewhat flexible. Anyone thrown these Teebirds? I'll put it in the bag tomorrow to give it a go.

On that note though, there was a slew of pearly, clear F2 Champ Wraiths at my local PIAS. I grabbed a 170 with a mild pop-top. They are all F2's because there's random colors that aren't evenly distributed throughout the flight plate. They have the same grip as the Teebird I mentioned above, and might even be more clear. The rim isn't clear though.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to Equipment