MS

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

MS

Postby money 21 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:19 am

Ok so I decided to drop weight in my mids down to the mid 160 like my drivers. Been throwing a lot of mids lately and my tendinites is acting up. I had an x-out QM in the closet for many year that i pulled out to use as I am broke as well. I am am pairing it with a 164 z hornet and a 166 x stratus.

So my ??? is how much less stable are the SMS and the MS then the q? I would like to beat in a ms to take the place of the stratus as they beat to roller real fast for me.

For reference I throw the qms between 300-325'
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: MS

Postby JR » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:07 pm

I haven't thrown the SMS and got an MS used so i can't tell how quickly they wear but S is durable so the only chance is MS.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: MS

Postby ADiscand3Plates » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:32 am

For me. That ladder for the MS family looks like this.
SMS - The stable one of the bunch. And not going to break down a great deal.
Gummy QMS - My best approach disc. They will break down over time. Slowly. Keeps the back end.
AMS (MS) - Keeps the back end also. Just not as much as the Gummy Q. They will break down faster, but not fast.
CE QMS - Don't ask me why. This is the glider of the bunch. And the most neutral. Mine break to the right, not a big amount, and rarely turn back.

What I don't have is a stiff, non CE QMS. My guess is that it would sit between the SMS and the Gummy Q.
ADiscand3Plates
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: JLS

Return to Equipment