Tennis Elbow fix. Video from NY Times

While mechanics are crucial to the disc golf throw, it's important to have your body in shape to throw. Talk about conditioning and injuries here.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Tennis Elbow fix. Video from NY Times

Postby Mark Ellis » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:23 am

A video published by the New York Times shows a fix for tennis elbow:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/1 ... ref=health
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Re: Tennis Elbow fix. Video from NY Times

Postby JR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:27 am

Somehow i don't think that will fix a tennis elbow. I mean will it remove the titanium gate from by bone and move the muscles and tendons to where they were when i was born? I will try these later but now i'm overworked as it is so too much of a good thing like exercise... Exercise to strengthen the body and the tendons were the pre-emptive and also post traumatic orders i got from doctors in the previous millennium already so that does not seem to terribly new. Although i didn't get that exercise in my rehab program so i need to try it out eventually.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Two Scoops » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm

Thanks for the link. It's worth a try. Tennis elbow took me out for about 4 months last year. I was experimenting with the fork grip. I think that's what did it. Now, whenever I throw a few drives with a fork grip, I can feel it tug the tendon. A cortizone shot and the winter break were the only things that really improved it. It's still not 100%.
Two Scoops
Noob

Postby chainchaser » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:26 am

I seen this a while back when i was dealing with my elbow. They say it works but I am not going to do it yet because as of right now my elbow feels good. I took the whole year off last year to let my elbow heal and have played all this year with little to no pain.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Return to Body Conditioning and Injury