apache

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

apache

Postby money 21 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:44 pm

anyone throwing the hpp apache? what would you compare it to?
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: apache

Postby BLURR » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:06 am

I have thrown a lot of HPP and E Apache's. The closest disc I would compare it to is a faster/longer Gazelle. The more recent runs have a little more stability.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby money 21 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:42 am

that is really close to what i am looking for.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby money 21 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:25 pm

got a chance to throw the apache i picked up. i really like it the faster gazelle I can really see suprised they are not more popular. Are they real inconsistant? Are the more or less stable then the hpp?
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Gateway came out with a good fairway driver like 4 years too late.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:11 am

I have an early E Apache and it is the only one i've tried. It is less HSS than a new Gazelle and more than a Leo. Faster by a bit so slightly longer with a fade in between those two.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:17 am

The new runs of HPP are a bit more stable than the original runs of E-Apache's. The HPP Apache's are fairly consistent from run to run. Within a tick or two of the same stability usually.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:25 am

Frank Delicious wrote:Gateway came out with a good fairway driver like 4 years too late.

how was it to late when people are still going nuts about the fd. saint, stalker, and river. I think alot of people don't pay any attention to anything gateway does (if not a putter) because of past quallity control issues. Not that the quallity control issues are fixed but the mold they have released since the ninja have all been a solid discs.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby CatPredator » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:00 am

money 21 wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:Gateway came out with a good fairway driver like 4 years too late.

how was it to late when people are still going nuts about the fd. saint, stalker, and river? I think alot of people don't pay any attention to anything gateway does (if not a putter) because of past quallity control issues.

Asked and answered...Gateway has more or less squandered their opportunity to build on the success of their putter line.
CatPredator
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Aviars

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:12 am

All I am saying is this just because it says gateway and isn't a putter doesn't mean it is not a quality disc. I think the scout is a solid mold as well as the warrior. both the slayer and samuri fly great. I think some people have given up on gateway (not with out reason) maybe they should give them another chance when looking to try new molds. Did gateway blow there best opprotunities to grow with there success yes. are they dead no IMO.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

money 21 wrote:

how was it to late when people are still going nuts about the fd. saint, stalker, and river. I think alot of people don't pay any attention to anything gateway does (if not a putter) because of past quallity control issues. Not that the quallity control issues are fixed but the mold they have released since the ninja have all been a solid discs.

Sorry I should have been more specific. But like Catpred said, it's 4 years too late because by the time they came out with it everyone had already started to ignore Gateway's non-putter discs. The warrior is also a pretty good disc but you don't hear anyone talk about.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby victorb » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:34 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
money 21 wrote:

Sorry I should have been more specific. But like Catpred said, it's 4 years too late because by the time they came out with it everyone had already started to ignore Gateway's non-putter discs. The warrior is also a pretty good disc but you don't hear anyone talk about.

Indeed. If they had released the Apache when the Assassin came out, they'd have definitely been on to something.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 pm

the assassin maybe the most inconsistant disc i have even thrown i picked up 3 first runs about 3 years ago one red with a yellow stamp one red with a silver stamp and a orange with a blue. all 174 and they flew nothing alike. While i have my longest measured throw with one of the red assassins (427' ) that mold drove me crazy. I hope the apache is better.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:15 am

Yeah people probably don't give Gateway enough credit for the discs they have released in the last two years. Plenty of good discs there now. I just can't say about the consistency of them not having thrown more than one disc per mold out of the newer discs.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby BLURR » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:57 am

I have thrown a lot of gateway over the years and here are the molds that I found to be pretty spot on most of the time.

HPP Apache is a pretty consistent mold
HPP Savage is a pretty consistent mold
Spirit is always consistent mold
Demon is always consistent mold
Blaze is always consistent mold
Warrior is always consistent mold

Now to put a feather in the cap of Gateway, the Samurai might be one of the furthest flying golf disc's on the market. Great speed and glide...and not meathook overstable either.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Next

Return to Equipment