Discraft Nuke

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Discraft Nuke

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Trey, are you talking about the Am Nats stamped ones?
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby JR » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:49 am

X Nuke seems to be the longest disc out of the box for me even though it and the Z fade too much so i must use s-curves. A broken in DD2 is about equal. It would seem that the lower power requirement Westside King at lighter weights almost goes as far but it too fades too much. My thinking is that if any of these break in to lesser fade the King has the least LSS to lose to gain humongous distance while still maintaining control. As it is it is pretty versatile but the lowest HSS thanks to being the lightest out of these i think the best chance for getting straighter when it breaks in would be the King. X plastic in the Nuke is way easier to beat than VIP in the King.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Sean40474 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:31 pm

I've really been considering getting the X-Nuke, but I seem to do well with Zs. Is there a large enough difference in glide between the two?
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby JR » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:46 am

I haven't broken in mine but a new X vs Z is mostly about HSS difference. Same speed same fade perhaps very mild glide advantage for the X and way less headwind penetration for the X. It's seriously domey.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Amateur » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:55 pm

I got to throw a few drives with an ESP Nuke, they were all bombs. Not nearly as predictable as my Wraiths, but for a max D disc who needs accuracy?

Well, I do.

But the nuke effing bombs. (I'm just now catching up with disc technology, sorry for being late to the party)
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby pask2155 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:43 pm

Do the x nukes fade the same as the z or ESP nukes?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:51 pm

No, they don't.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 am

The X flips and fades more than others available now. At least if the other Xs are like mine.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Equipment