Teedevil... Thoughts?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Teedevil... Thoughts?

Postby pask2155 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am

jubuttib wrote:
pask2155 wrote:why is this disc fading so hard at the end if innova says it should fade less then the destroyer or max?
Innova's ratings have very little to do with reality, especially when taking run variation into consideration.

yeah but still going from a what the teedevil says it should be to the MAX... seems stupid!!! And quite frankly makes little to no sense at all...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby turso » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 am

It is stupid, but that's the way it is, and is going to be in the foreseeable future. They did advertise the Ape as a faster teebird(what haven't they advertised as a faster teebird lately...).
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby jubuttib » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:54 pm

pask2155 wrote:
jubuttib wrote:
pask2155 wrote:why is this disc fading so hard at the end if innova says it should fade less then the destroyer or max?
Innova's ratings have very little to do with reality, especially when taking run variation into consideration.
yeah but still going from a what the teedevil says it should be to the MAX... seems stupid!!! And quite frankly makes little to no sense at all...
A little thing that you should take into consideration is that just because a disc fades hard at the end of it's flight doesn't exactly mean it should get a very high fade rating, like the Max. You also need to take into consideration how early the fade starts. The Max for example for me would start fading almost as soon as I let go of it, whereas the TeeDevil would probably fly for quite a bit before the fade kicked in.

From what I've read here I don't get the impression that the TeeDevil is very overstable like the Max is, rather it has a quick dump fade that comes down quickly as soon as it starts, but doesn't necessarily start way early in flight.

EDIT: Ah, noticed that Max comment now. You seem to be a new player since you haven't seen this yet: Disc manufacturers don't care about making products that work as advertised nearly as much as they care about profits. That's why discs can vary insanely much, they really don't put any effort into making them nor bother to get high quality materials for them. Take the Striker for example. Some of them came out Firebird overstable, some Valkyrie understable. The Groove is a notorious crapshoot, when you buy one it can basically be any stability you can imagine, from the most overstable meathooks to the most understable flippers, or even a perfectly usable distance driver that does a nice shallow S-curve. Now take into consideration a new mold (TeeDevil) which they don't have that much experience with and don't know how it reacts to different types of plastic blends, amount of packing, molding temperatures, cooling temperatures and times, or any of the dozens of other settings available to the molders, especially if you then combine it with a new molding technique that relies on them getting bubbles into the plastic in a consistent way (Blizzard). The end result can be anything, and as you can see, it has been.

There is really only one company that can claim any sort of consistency due to them really focusing hard on improving the molding process, using materials that have a consistent quality and not coming up with new molds all the time but focusing on perfecting what they have before doing anything new. And even MVP doesn't manage it even nearly perfectly, but they're a couple orders of magnitude better than the competition.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby pask2155 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Alright boys I couldn't resist and bought a Teedevil and here's my take on it...

It flies pretty straight... I don't know about a -1 hss rating but it goes pretty straight and has a pretty nasty fade on the end. It's a fast disc and as stated it seems to not have a lot of glide so as it fades hard and down it is moving fast and skips fast across the ground. I got it up to about 360' or so but that's about it. I is just a really fast straight disc until the end when it fades hard and the. It hits so fast it skips pretty much anywhere. Lol.

I got a domey blizzard 155.

So here's my question. Once this disc starts to break in should the heavy fade go away some and it glide more? Or will it generally stay the same?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:01 pm

I don't know if anyone has worn one yet. Mine can't because i have better discs and don't throw it. One can never tell without testing but most discs lose HSS first and often not much LSS loss at all. I don't know why the Teedevil would not follow the majority.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:57 pm

I play with a grandmaster who loves the leopard and his most overstable disc was a mid 160's beat in valk. He now throws a 129 bliz teedevil on a flip up, turnover s-curve to around 325'. It's added 40-50' for him.

I tried a buddy's bliz teedevil from Am Nationals. It was heavier but I forget the weight. I couldn't turn it down enough to keep it from going roller by 250'. I guess I could have thrown it easier but where's the fun in that. I also bought a 175 with a huck lab trifly stamp, that flew like a force. No consistancy, agreed.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby pask2155 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Yeah I've thrown mine more today and it goes straight and fast but fades out probably on a 2 maybe 3 but the problem for me is it isn't gliding so it hits the ground so fast it skips, hits the ground, and goes left another 50' or so. It's crazy. I got a domey one too which you would think would give it more glide. But I can put it on a line of about 320' then it hits the ground and it then goes more and further left. So even if it doesn't fade out as hard it still ends like it did.

My hope is I will break it in and it will then may e hold a right little s curve and if that happens the sharp fade at the end will bring it back. If that happens this could be one awesome disc. Maybe. Lol. I'm optimistic
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby Wordgie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:29 am

I've got one in mid 160's and like it alot. I got it knowing full well it was out of my power range but figured I'd do some field work with it from time to time. I ended up breaking it on a pain in the ass hole where I needed a big hook. I put a little anhyzer on, winged the crap out of it and put it over 300' before it started turning. It started as a light turn but dive hard as the speed died. I was looking all over for it where I thought it landed, but it was less than 10' away from the basket.

I found I have to have alot of room on the side for it to turn and it's more of a specialty disc for me.
Wordgie
Noob

Postby pask2155 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah mine is still a meat hook at the end. It flies pretty straight for about 320' then it does out hard... I'm still holding the break it in some. The problem is I never use it so it's a slow process...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 am

If you're throwing a teedevil, might as well get a nice domey destroyer and break it in and have a better version of the teedevil.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:56 am

Pask that is how they fly. It is up to you to determine if you like, need and bag it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby pask2155 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:58 am

JR that's exactly the problem... Lol. I would choose my destro all day long over the Teedevil. Hence the waste of money and disappointment. Hahaha

But hey a less fading destroyer is a great concept... Maybe innova will hit it one day.
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:19 am

Westside Discs already did with the Sword.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby jubuttib » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:27 am

JR wrote:Westside Discs already did with the Sword.
True.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Previous

Return to Equipment