Jewdy Video

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Jewdy Video

Postby Jewdy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:20 am

This is a video that my brother made of us playing a casual round at Jonesville Park in Gainesville Florida. Any critique on my putting or driving form is appreciated. I am the first guy in the video. I apologize for the gay music in advance.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCaHm2E3q1c&feature=g-u-u
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: Jewdy Video

Postby seabas22 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:00 pm

You need to keep more width between your upper arm and chest from reach back(use more hip/shoulder turn back, or less reaching back across chest with the arm and more toward the right side of the tee keeping your elbow more forward relative to shoulder)....your elbow never gets forward of the shoulder. I'd also suggest working your body around disc, keeping the disc still in place going into the backswing pivoting your body back. You are bringing the disc back instead.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby Jewdy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:31 pm

When you talk about width between the chest and arm, do you mean by raising the pull line height or are you talking about the angle between my chest and arm during reachback?
Jewdy
Noob

Postby seabas22 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:49 pm

The chest/arm angle.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby JR » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:09 am

Start using the correct arm to throw. I'd brave the right leg muscles harder at the plant and try to get the elbow forward farther and rotate the body later. AKA lengthening the pause to get to the right pec position prior to pushing with the left leg, twisting the hips, turning the shoulders and chopping the elbow straight. You reach back higher, swoop lower and keep a fairly flat possibly slightly rising line thereafter. The rising tendency toward the end has to stop. In putting push the hips forward fast straight at the pole or if you are giving the disc some fade compensation to the right of the pole the alignment of the body and pushing the hips needs to move straight at the aiming point.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jewdy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:38 am

JR, you have no idea how bad I want to be able to throw right handed. Very good point on the dipping motion in my throw, that was the first thing that I noticed myself. To combat that I moved the pull line slightly higher so that I wouldnt have to come up at the end. As far as getting the elbow farther forward, I tried it and reduced OAT immediately(great advice). I will have to work on the timing but that will take the longest.
Jewdy
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:02 pm

The disc height thingy might be easily cured by adding visually looking at the disc in the reach back to verify the height in pre throw routine. Then trying to keep the same height throughout the throw.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:12 pm

oh man ever since you joined this site I thought you were a female. oops. your throw looks smooth.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jewdy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:19 pm

keltik wrote:oh man ever since you joined this site I thought you were a female. oops. your throw looks smooth.

I have been hearing stuff like that my whole life. Thanks.
Jewdy
Noob

Postby keltik » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:34 pm

even with the mustache and buzzcut?? man there must be some ugly chicks down your way if they mistake you for a female. eres cubano?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Jewdy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:09 pm

HAHA!!! No, before they get a look at this mug. I went through marine corps boot camp with name Judy on my cammies.....that was fun. And I am not Cuban just a boring cracker.
Jewdy
Noob

Return to Video Critique