TD2 Fever

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: TD2 Fever .... out sept 9th

Postby Booter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:17 am

how does it feel? shallow? deep? lm wondering what kind of rim they used.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:12 pm

They feel shallow to me, sorta like a mamba.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Sean40474 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:23 pm

victorb wrote:
ForeverBlue232 wrote:
victorb wrote:
Sean40474 wrote:
I'd like an FD2 please.

Isn't that basically just a PD?

It would be, if they made a speed 6 or 7 PD. A PD isn't close to a fairway driver. I'd kind of like to see an FD2 be somewhat Gazelle-like, except more resistant to OAT.

Ah ok. I was thinking that it would be a faster version of the FD similar to how they did the PD and PD2.

I was thinking something slightly more stable and in pro plastic, but still a fairway driver.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby Booter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:36 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:They feel shallow to me, sorta like a mamba.

god no :(
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby zj1002 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Looks like a mamba type wing
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby warobert » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:31 pm

That pink one looks tasty. Where can I order some with that first run stamp?
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby maskedavenger » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:29 pm

First throws, in zero wind conditions. Pretty much what I was hoping for, a faster FD so to speak. Nice long lines when hyzerflipped to straight, or released flat into huge turnover lines that go way to the right. I've been looking for a fast disc to turn over reliably with control and we might have a winner here. Pretty decent glide (Discmania, put this glide you have come up with FD and TD2 into PD3 and you will make a god disc) and very little fade.

Mind you, since it's a 10 speed disc, it does need a little more oomph to flip compared to the FD, but most players have enough in their arm. I'm in the 350' club myself so I haven't got the biggest arm in the neighborhood, so take this review with that grain of salt. Power players may not have much use for this disc, other than for kicks. Everybody else, it is a easy disc to hyzerflip and turn over, but with control. Would not have expected any less from Discmania. Interesting to see also into what this thing beats into.

In windy conditions it may be a different story.

ps. I don't know who sells the First run, other than Innovastore.net where I got it from. Can't tell much difference between the pink FR and standard S-line. The purple one being 172g makes it more understable, that's all.
maskedavenger
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby maskedavenger » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

ps. i have never thrown a mamba so I can't say whether it is or isn't 8)
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby jubuttib » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:26 am

Just got two (170 and 172), and based on a quick test of 10 throws it's just what it says on the tin. They turn easily and consistently, it's quite easy to learn how to flip them right. They reminded me of the Valkyrie in the sense that even though it flips quite a bit it still has a very definite bite at the end of the flight, which helps it come back a bit when it slows down. On a couple of throws where I threw it just a wee bit high and turned it to flat it actually faded quite harshly.

So yeah, a shallow hyzer or flat release and a high throw will yield a nice glidey curve to the right (RHBH) and a bit more hyzer and you can throw it like you'd throw a slightly faster Valkyrie. I was throwing them around 380-390', if you throw like 440' they might be a bit too understable for you, but people around the 400' mark should feel at ease. They will turn even on a sub 350' throw, just not as much, and I think it'll be an excellent distance driver for people in that range. The plastic was really nice and gummy, and looked like the FR S-PD plastic (well my yellow FR S-TD2 did), just softer, and pretty dang grippy. It does feel a bit shallow, that's about the only thing I didn't like about them, not that it bothers me unduly. The flight was nice, the plastic was nice, the overall feel despite the shallow profile was nice, it's just a nice disc. Too bad I can't use a disc like this on our course, I think it'd make the bag. Well, I'll pack it in the travel bag.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby maskedavenger » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:00 am

Played a first round on Sunday with these two in the bag. There were quite a few steepish uphill teeshots required so I threw the TD2 off the tee surprisingly often considering it's a new disc and I only had maybe 20 test throws before the round. Especially for uphill drives this is the disc my bag has been missing. For moves to the right I still prefer to forehand a PD, for the sake of consistency, especially in that gusty wind we had.
maskedavenger
Noob

Postby victorb » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:50 am

I threw one a few times yesterday. It's fairly similar to a mamba, maybe just a tick more high speed stability so it's rating (-4/+1) seems pretty fair. I only threw it in a tailwind of 10-15 mph and I couldn't get it to not flip over, no matter how much hyzer angle I used. Only successes with it not flipping were backing way off in power, like 40-50%, similar to a long approach, and it flipped up and flew fairly straight. The flip is much more drastic and happens much faster than the FD.

Probably will be a good distance driver if you're throwing in the 330' range. 330'-370' it will be a long distance turnover machine. Longer than that, and it's probably not useable as anything but a roller, and the roadrunner would probably be more consistent and just as long. Jub, I think either yours were way more overstable than the one I threw or your measurements are pretty overestimated.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:41 am

Used the same measuring service I've always used and so far it has correlated with reality very nicely. There was quite a bit of difference between the two I got, so it could well be run variance. Mine did have a pretty sudden and harsh fade if you gave them the chance to slow down, did you see anything like that?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby victorb » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:24 am

Nah, there was next to no fade, unless thrown with a ton of height, and that was with the tailwind. Probably just run variance. Would like to throw one of the more stable ones you had, but I think I'll just skip it altogether, even if it's more stable it won't have a place in my bag.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby ForeverBlue232 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Does anyone have a profile pic of one yet?
JimW wrote:If the answer isn't PD you asked the wrong question.

**Flow**Northman**Amp**PD**Stag**Drone**Wasp**Mace**Suspect**Tangent**Anode**
ForeverBlue232
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 pm

ForeverBlue232 wrote:Does anyone have a profile pic of one yet?
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=396179#p396179
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment