Pushing Past the 400 foot Mark

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Pushing Past the 400 foot Mark

Postby dgolfing » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 pm

I recently discovered a couple of videos on the internet. They taught me about the x-step and the pull back. It was insane. I have been throwing a certain way for years, casually, and now I can get another 20 - 30 feet easily with the x-step and pull back alone. I am curious though what other people have done to push the 400 and 500 feet mark. What are your guys' tips on how to get the extra distance. If it as easy as the x-step and the pull back I will get into the 500 mark no problem.

Here are the videos that I watched
Former Distance Champ Dion Teaches Tips - with a discraft angle
Distance Driving Techniques - same discraft bent, really a refresher on the backhand, forehand and hammer

Disc Golf Technique and Thought
dgolfing
Noob

Favorite Disc: katana

Re: Pushing Past the 400 foot Mark

Postby JR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:21 pm

This is what we are here for getting people to throw better. So for most of us those videos are pretty old hat. If you post a video of your throwing to the video critique section maybe we can find out something else to change for even more distance. Or consistency or accuracy and if you're lucky all of them. A full reach back does easily add that much distance or even a little more with practice.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique