the least changed most changed bag in the world

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the least changed most changed bag in the world

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:43 am

Righto, I don't know why I thought that...

On topic - I think your gonna like the FD/PD combo.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby victorb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Official update! I'll have to play a few weeks with this setup, but I really do think it will work better for me than the overlap I had with the teebird/jackal. Still love the teebird, just as much as I love the comet, but equipment sometimes has to evolve as your game evolves. I hope I'm ready to take the next step with this setup. First test will be at Wildcat Springs for the B-Tier in a couple of weeks.

Drivers:
175 pDD
175 cPD
175 sPD
175 pPD
175 pPD
171 Z Predator
173 Z Predator
175 sFD - slightly beat
175 sFD

Midranges:
175 champ Gator
176 KC Pro Roc
180 glow DX Rancho Roc - newish
175 DX Rancho Roc - worn in
17x DX Rancho Roc - super beat

Putters
175 Cryztal Challenger
174 soft X Challenger
176 Medium Summit
174 D Challenger
174 D Challenger
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:58 am

Bag looks great. Only 7 molds...nice.

I have seen plenty of guys with Challengers in their bag, but I've never picked one up. How to they fly off the tee?

What does the Summit do for you that the Challengers don't?

And what are you throwing for max D in calm conditions? P PD?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:24 am

Fightingthetide wrote:Bag looks great. Only 7 molds...nice.

I have seen plenty of guys with Challengers in their bag, but I've never picked one up. How to they fly off the tee?

What does the Summit do for you that the Challengers don't?

And what are you throwing for max D in calm conditions? P PD?

Actually 8 molds with the DD in there. Optimally I want to throw that for max D, but right now I have more control and nearly the same distance with pPDs.

The challenger is pretty straight stable off the tee. Not much left to right motion and not a ton of fade compared to wizards and kc pro aviars.

The summit is my flippy approach putter, it naturally wants to turn right on harder throws, and holds an anhyzer line longer on soft throws. It's actually a pretty nice compliment for an overstable putter.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:42 pm

I missed that you have a DD in there. I bet that would start to fly really sweet after some seasoning.

Have you thrown P2's? Any comparison to Challengers in drives and putts?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Thrown a few putts with the sP2 since that's my wife's main putter, but never took them off the tee. With putting they are very similar, but most putters seem to be inside of 40' for me. I think they'd be fairly similar on drives, but that's just speculation.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:23 am

P2 sticks a little more often to my fingers and doesn't recover as well as my FLX Challenger. The FLX glides less and is shorter. On a good shot both are pretty straight.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby victorb » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Enjoying the surplus of discmania in my bag right now. pPDs are awesome now that I realize they are a slight hyzer flip disc even when new (kind of like a good dx teebird but longer)

Only minor change was dropping the pDD for a blizzard DD2. Considering putting a z zone in place of the champ gator since I don't really throw any longer shots with the gator and it might just be easier to use a faster, very overstable putter for the shots I use a gator with.

Oh, and I broke my super beat dx roc last weekend :( So now my most flippy roc has about 1 full season of wear on it. It's working its way there, but doesn't quite turn like the old one did. I've been getting by using my summit a little more for turnover shots.

Drivers:
165 cDD2 blizzard
175 cPD - this has actually taken a ton of throws from my predators, I think I could get by with just one pred now.
175 sPD - one to beat in
175 sPD - one to keep fresh
175 pPD - one to beat in
175 pPD - one to keep fresh
171 Z Predator
173 Z Predator
175 sFD - beating in
175 sFD - fresh

Midranges:
175 champ Gator
176 KC Pro Roc - some wear
180 DX Rancho Roc - new
180 glow DX Rancho Roc - a little beat
175 DX Rancho Roc - really beat

Putters
175 Cryztal Challenger
174 soft X Challenger
176 Medium Summit
174 D Challenger
174 D Challenger

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:43 am

How's that DD2 treating you for max D? I've been eyeing one as a next step past my longest Champ Beast (370' to 390' or more in a tailwind). Which variation is yours in terms of dome and PLH?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:27 am

Fightingthetide wrote:How's that DD2 treating you for max D? I've been eyeing one as a next step past my longest Champ Beast (370' to 390' or more in a tailwind). Which variation is yours in terms of dome and PLH?

I don't have much info for you yet, I've only thrown it a few times. Haven't compared it to any of the other blizz dd2s at the store yet either.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:37 pm

Blizz DD2 is very flippy but with a moderate fade. It is more of an s-curve disc than Zero G Quasars. Both like to s-curve in 150 but the Quasar slips so much less that it won't turn and burn nearly as easily and keeps a tighter s-curve with less lateral movement.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby victorb » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:26 am

JR wrote:Blizz DD2 is very flippy but with a moderate fade. It is more of an s-curve disc than Zero G Quasars. Both like to s-curve in 150 but the Quasar slips so much less that it won't turn and burn nearly as easily and keeps a tighter s-curve with less lateral movement.

I didn't find my 165 blizz dd2 to be flippy at all. Definitely some high speed turn, but not flippy.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JR » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:19 am

Blizzards are all over the place shape and flight wise. Finnish description of the Blizz DD2 on Discmania.fi states that these discs turned out to be surprisingly understable.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby victorb » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Picked up some cryztal zones from DD this week. Beefcake and pretty darn fast for a 'putter' - feels a lot like a midrange even. Does what I wanted out of a champion gator more consistently, so in the bag it goes, and stays.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 am

victorb wrote:Picked up some cryztal zones from DD this week. Beefcake and pretty darn fast for a 'putter' - feels a lot like a midrange even. Does what I wanted out of a champion gator more consistently, so in the bag it goes, and stays.

but it's too overstable, even for what I wanted. Nearly impossible to work flex shots with, it seriously dumps out of the flight too fast. Champ gator back in, cryztal zones on the trading block.

victorb
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion