Dominator and Mamba

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dominator and Mamba

Postby money 21 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 am

BLURR wrote:Got a chance to throw both my champ dominator and my blizz dominator this past weekend. If you are looking for a slightly more stable Katana, then this would be the disc. I liked the flight of both of them, but they don't really offer me anything above and beyond what I currently have in the bag. So, they will go into the trade/sell pile.

Now, the Mamba on the other hand, has earned a spot in the bag for the time being. Played in a pro dub's tourney this past weekend and the Mamba almost got me two aces during the tourney. It is such an easy disc to throw. Where it really shined was uphill power throws where I needed the disc to fly left to right the whole way. Might have to get me another one so I have a backup.

I total agree about the both of your findings the mamba is a great uphill or tail wind driver. The Dominator is so close to the katana IMO that at last week doubles my partner and i switched his dominator and my beefier katana for a while (they are the same color and have the same stamp) and we each threw them a couple times before we realised.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Champion Dominator is said to be no more. The main guy at my local PIAS in south Charlotte (Jason, for those who know him) was at Innova today and he was told that they wont be running Dominators in anything but Blizzard Champ. Not sure how soon. He mentioned that you could even see bubbles in the rim of the production run Champs...not sure if he was implying that they were already putting bubbles into the rim just to get desired results, but he was right...there were bubbles in the rim of a few production runs.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fightingthetide » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

I picked up a first run Dominator as an alternative to a domey ES Destroyer, since all of the ones I could find were vulcan-topped. I agree with the longer Valk comment. I'm starting to get mine to turn from flat and fade controllably out to around 400' - 430'. It's great in calm conditions. The only difference between this and a seasoned flat *DS is that it has more glide, turns slower, and fades a little less...making it 10' to 20' longer for me.

Anyone else putting Champ Dominators in their bag? And have any of the heavier Blizzard Dominators come out as useable?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby pask2155 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:52 pm

Oh no! You scratched my itch! Now I might need to go get one. Lol...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Previous

Return to Equipment