41%
Star
24%
Dx
35%

Total votes : 37

Teebird plastic...?

Postby pask2155 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:49 am

So what plastic di you prefer for a teebird and why?

And what are the characteristics for each plastic? I.e. fade, turn, and glide characteristics
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Re: Teebird plastic...?

Postby pask2155 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:41 pm

Hmmmm... You would have thought with all the teebird fanboys on this forum there would be a little more interest then this...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Not a fan that disc had been outdone.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:20 pm

This forum isn't exactly fast, give it a week. =)

Also, try to use the search sometime...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:39 pm

I prefer the Teebirds that have either of these two stamps-

Really if I had to pick, either the new opaque flat Champ or a nice Champystar. My favorite TB's were the 10X, but X Preds and PDs are easier to find.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Monocacy » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I like DX Teebirds. New ones are plenty stable for my arm, and seasoned ones can compete with distance drivers. Star or Echo Star Teebirds are shorter than DX, but thrown with a little hyzer they hold up in howling headwinds.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby cubeofsoup » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:49 pm

So is a PD a longer teebird?
cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:07 am

cubeofsoup wrote:So is a PD a longer teebird?
S-PD is more of a longer TeEagleBird.

EDIT: On the TeeBird thing, I really like the DX, they glide magnificently, are very straight, and just plain great discs. I've had varying experience with Champ, some are as straight as the DX TBs, one was Firebird overstable. I haven't really thrown Star TeeBirds apart from my Echo Star TB, which is just bad ass, glides and holds up in wind, has a bit more fade than the DX but not a lot to be honest.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:34 am

cubeofsoup wrote:So is a PD a longer teebird?

P PD is probably exactly that and it would be difficult to make a better match to that description.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby andrew » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm

I throw PPDs as my only driver mold and keep a Champ Teebird in my bag, and they don't fly at all similar- Teebird holding a straighter line, is less useful as a line-shaper and with a more penetrating fade. Star Teebirds are more comparable flight-wise but I think it's a slick plastic compared to Pro, and of course Pro Teebirds are rare for a reason. I'd suggest a better comparison is that PPDs are a shorter Pro Destroyer, but then you're comparing drastically different rim widths....
Last edited by andrew on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wizards/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebirds/XXX/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Postby keltik » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:00 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:My favorite TB's were the 10X, but X Preds and PDs are easier to find.

now that's saying something.

I don't throw TB's anymore. Sometimes I think there are shots out on the courses that I play that would call for one but I don't have one. I think an older stiff blend on DX is just fine for those. the new wax covered cheese they call DX is better for putters. and that is only marginal.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:04 pm

Easier to find than 10X TB's at a price I was/am willing to pay I mean.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby pask2155 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:07 pm

Well I find this fascinating that we have a TB thread and all the fanboys are gone and no one is saying they love this disc... It's the classic, it's a great disc but... Lol.

So I guess if everyone isn't using them anymore then why does everyone refer everyone to them?
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby Jewdy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:54 pm

If I had endless funds then I would just cycle DX TBs but I dont so I carry an 11x and a TL (if that counts as a TB).
Crank-Destroyers-Patriot-Rival-Firebird-Comets-Fugitive-Zone-Wizards
Jewdy
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby JR » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:34 am

andrew wrote:I throw PPDs as my only driver mold and keep a Champ Teebird in my bag, and they don't fly at all similar- Teebird holding a straighter line, is less useful as a line-shaper and with a more penetrating fade. Star Teebirds are more comparable flight-wise but I think it's a slick plastic compared to Pro, and of course Pro Teebirds are rare for a reason. I'd suggest a better comparison is that PPDs are a shorter Pro Destroyer, but then you're comparing drastically different rim widths....

That depends on how beat the PPD is.

pask people need to use something as a reference and the TB was a good disc back in the day and an ok one now and it is widely known so it serves the comparison purpose well even now.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Next

Return to Equipment