Latitude 64°

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Latitude 64°

Postby Monocacy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:52 pm

keltik wrote:true. but isn't the whole super light disc phenomena about the "weaker" crowd?

Don't know, don't care - but I would test the River and Saint in the mid-150s. I am delighted to see L64 make discs for the old and creaky crowd.

Edit: I see that the River is not listed. No problem - I find Diamonds more predictable (in calm conditions, anyway).

Speaking of which, a recently-ordered stack of orange 154ish Diamonds have more HSS than the last batch, and the orange shows up better than the invisible reds. I love working Diamonds in the woods.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby money 21 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:41 pm

westside is on board as well the king will be out soon. I would love to see a 150's boatman. i wish they mabe the diamonds a little heavier. 165 would kick ass.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, beeline, lace, olace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Bultx1215 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:30 am

I throw a TR 159 and an Opto 159 Diamond on occasion. I really like them when I use them. Should really use them a lot more as they are very consistent. I am looking forward to the light Saints. One around 155-159 would be fun I bet.
Bultx1215
Noob

Favorite Disc: Saint

Postby gknmnstr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:16 am

Opto air is working much better for me than blizzard. Had a few tree hits so far and no major damage.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FUSE/RIVER

Postby gknmnstr » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FF-0Dwydk
Random shots with various L64 pures. Zero, opto, and GL plastic.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby keltik » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 pm

Gknmstr, which plastic do you like the best for the pure?

The pure never fit my putting style, but it looks like you got it nailed. I still love mine for driving and approaching. Have you tried it FH? It is quite versatile.

I love sparkle opto. Just wanted to add that.

Also I had a VIP sword chunk on me today during its maiden flight. Anyone seen this on newer runs of opto/VIP?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:58 am

Opto and VIP are so hard and brittle that hitting metal, rocks and glass leave much bigger marks than with Z and Champ. So far i haven't seen chunking but deep scraping mainly when hitting hard objects.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:40 am

JR wrote:Opto and VIP are so hard and brittle that hitting metal, rocks and glass leave much bigger marks than with Z and Champ. So far i haven't seen chunking but deep scraping mainly when hitting hard objects.
Funnily enough I've hard the opposite happen to my VIP, it absorbs damage really well and even retains it's shape better than many Champ blends, which can get dented and don't return to their original shape. I don't have a single hard VIP disc, though I understand that these do exist.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby keltik » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:52 pm

yeah my experience is closer to jubutib's. I've tacoed a z comet before, but most opto blends I've had have been more like indestructible.

this was a sparkle VIP sword though and it was a harder blend.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby gknmnstr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:36 am

@keltik, I just love the pure. I have five in my bag and plan to add a sixth (beat in production GL). My favorite plastic for putting is Zero and I love both opto and GL for driving. For putting I have found that the white and blue work the best for me. They seem to be softer and chalkier. I have used the same blue zero for 2 years (six months less than I have been playing total) and it seems to have great plastic memory always coming out of tacos and warps. For driving I love the feel of both opto and GL. Tacky not grippy for smooth releases, GL feels just a little better. For workhorse drives I like my opto. Handles well into slight headwind (((((((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejynN5QMDP4))))))))) I like GL for shots that go right late in flight. GL is a very nice slightly understable compliment to the slightly overstable (relatively) opto pure.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:55 am

The only softer Opto i have is a Pure. For hard Optos tree hits are nothing. Rocks present a real problem. GL in the rocks eat up the plastic with a lot of scraping in the first round on my rocky home course.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby gknmnstr » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:54 pm

There is a course I play less frequently than others in the area, but I still play. A significant portion of the course is over an abandoned parking lot that grinds discs to pieces. My opto pure is ugly as none other and has all sorts of cosmetic scrapes and scuffs, the stamp is almost gone, but it still flies the same. It won't beat in.
Pure-Fuse-River-Halo
gknmnstr
Tree Magnet

Postby Colin » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:54 pm

I agree, once the flashing is removed, it seems that the driver opto is now impervious to change. Or at least through normal use. I am quite sure someone has sucked one up into a snowmobile track or accidentally had one shot by duck hunters or some such shenanigans and now their opto disc rolls like saltwater croc. Snowmobiles and duck hunters aside, opto flies the same now as the day I toweled off the flashing. That said, the putter opto is a bit different and I do feel wear and tear is affecting (effecting?) flight over time.
Colin
Noob

Favorite Disc: Predator

Postby TLapham » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:51 pm

What's the deal with these Strawberry Mercys? I'm thinking about cheating on the Wizard and the Mercy is at the front of the line.
-Trade List
-My Bag (Always looking for backups):

Pred | Force | DD2 | Teebird | Buzzz | Wizard
TLapham
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: CE Teebird

Postby turso » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:20 pm

TLapham wrote:What's the deal with these Strawberry Mercys? I'm thinking about cheating on the Wizard and the Mercy is at the front of the line.

It's a red Zero Mercy that smells of strawberries.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment