Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Interview with Pro Disc Golfer Paige Pierce

Postby chainchaser » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:29 am

When:September 25th
Time: 9:30 PM EST
Where: Disc Golf Talk Radio Live
Facebook: Facebook Event page-Let us know your coming

Also check out our website for previous shows and advertisement opportunities.
Disc Golf Talk Radio Your live Disc Golf Internet Radio show.

Any questions you have for Paige please post them here.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Re: Interview with Pro Disc Golfer Paige Pierce

Postby JR » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:36 am

How do you train to be so fit to go see the other pros play and caddy for them after you've finished your round even in multiple day majors?

Have you realized and how do you feel about other female players and some men having their eyes being opened by you to the fact that women can be every bit as much of an athlete as men in this sport? That is something i heard from a Finnish female player after seeing you play in the President's Cup and the European Open 2011 with 2007 Finnish MPO champion praising you too.

You throw with very similar form to that of Eric McCabe one of your trainers. How would you rate his form to other top men and yours to other top females in terms of efficiency, maximum distance, accuracy and consistency?

How do you keep playing on tour budget wise and what up and coming women should know and do to be able to tour for a living? Would you like to see more women from outside of the US and Canada tour internationally more often than an event or two and usually in just one or two continents per season?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby chainchaser » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 am

Sorry JR I did not get to all your questions last night. We ended up having three world champs on the show and things got a bit crazy. As always though i thank you for the great questions.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:19 pm

No problem if it weren't for you none of these questions would be answered so thanks for the great work and keep on doing what you're doing!
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby chainchaser » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:23 am

Thanks!! I plan to keep going with it as long as people will listen. I know I am not probably the best person for the job but with having terry miller helping I think it works out pretty good. I am really looking for ward to having an open chat type show but I have secured steve dodge for the 9th so i am going to have to push that back.
chainchaser
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm

Hi and thanks it was fun to hear 3 champs at the same time. That got me thinking about the panel so here's a question for them: Can you vote on what are the things you need to do to become a a world champion? That list is probably best to be left to be compiled by the champs :-) I have some ideas but am far from a champ.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 pm

JR wrote:what are the things you need to do to become a a world champion?
1) win a world championship
/list
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby JR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 pm

Damn are you one then because it seems so easy if there is no preparation? I was thinking of the requirements of becoming one and what are the deciding factors that separate good players from world champions.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby veganray » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm

JR wrote:I was thinking of the requirements of becoming one
1) winning a world championship
/list

JR wrote:what are the deciding factors that separate good players from world champions.
1) having won one or more world championships
/list
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby JR » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:14 pm

Like i said i'll let the world champs decide for themselves :-D And i'll let Ray sober up for now without replying now. It's late here and i have discgolfplanet to watch with the reruns of USDGC 2012 because i missed live when i was playing here earlier.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby inthedrift » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 pm

veganray wrote:
JR wrote:I was thinking of the requirements of becoming one
1) winning a world championship
/list

JR wrote:what are the deciding factors that separate good players from world champions.
1) having won one or more world championships
/list

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Return to General Discussion