Boss Pedal Purge

General, Non-Disc Related Goods for trade/sale.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Boss Pedal Purge

Postby Blake_T » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:00 am

Doing some re-shuffling of my pedal boards... need to clear out some old to pay for the new. Shipping will be $5.50 to $8 for 1 pedal. i can supply pictures on request.

Boss DD-3 Digital Delay. 1988 Made in Japan original. The "aviar of delay pedals." Good 'ol reliable design that's been around since 1986 and is consistently the best selling delay pedal on the market. It has less features than some delays now but the narrower delay times give the controls more precision over the sweep.
Boss's official Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xy5yakhu7s

The pedal has some minor nicks and scrapes but is overall in excellent condition, especially when you consider its age.

$100.

Final cuts have been made on other items.

Boss MD-2 Mega Distortion. This is supposed to be a super heavy pedal meant for 7-string guitars but imo they failed with that description as it's not nearly as hot as the metal zone, metal core, etc. A very versatile pedal, I prefer to run it with the drive set really low (somewhere between 0 and 2) where it sounds more like a harder overdrive (a notch or so hotter than a tubescreamer or SD-1).
A really good demo that shows off its tonal range: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eycGYuwNVeY
I was mainly using it with similar settings as the 1:32-2:03 and 2:45-3:56

Pedal has some pain nicks/scrapes from use.

$40.

Boss ML-2 Metal Core. This pedal has a love/hate relationship in the guitar community. It has gain to spare but at the same time it's not overly compressed sounding. I mainly play at "bedroom" volumes and I find it can replicate the sound of a tubescreamer into a mesa that is cranked to the gills very well, whereas the metal zone, hyper metal, heavy metal, etc. get really "buzzy" at low volumes. It gets a bit noisy at high volumes, but so do most pedals of this type. It has harmonics galore.

Boss official Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1DFiqkEBcc
I know these riffs are pretty douchy but I used similar settings to the 0:40-0:59 range. You have no idea how hard it is to get that sound while in an apartment or townhome at 2am without waking your neighbors. I also play through tube amps and this demo was done with a solid state amp... with tubes it tends to clean up the mids a little.

Mint/Near mint condition. Includes original box and manual.

$50
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: Boss Pedal Purge

Postby Blake_T » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:37 am

Bump. significantly changed sale list since yesterday.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Also selling a boss bcb-30 pedal case. Minor wear but good shape overall. Includes cables and daisy chain.

$25.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:26 am

Would take $85 for the DD-3, $45 for the ML-2, $35 for the MD-2, and $20 for the case + shipping.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:09 pm

all have sold
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:58 am

The purge continues. Prices are firm.

Shipping will be $5.50-8 for 1 pedal. $8 for more than 1 pedal and/or the pedal board. Can ship the daisy chain cables for $3.

RV-3 Reverb / Delay. 4 reverb modes, 3 delay modes, 4 reverb + delay modes. Out of production and getting rare. Cosmetically in rough shape, works perfectly.
$80. *SOLD

GE-7 Graphic Equalizer. 7-band EQ. Near mint condition.
$45 *SOLD

Boss BCB-6 Pedal Board. Holds up to 6 pedals and 2 tuners. Made in Japan era. Hinges are perfect. Latches are on their last legs (would be easy enough to rig up some velcro or cable ties to keep it closed). No accessories included.
$25 *SOLD
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 pm

Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.

Versatile noise gate that can also be set up as an effects loop gate/mute. can power other pedals via daisy chain.

$40 firm.

SOLD
Blake_T

Postby Disc Golf Live » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:00 pm

Here's a tasty video about how to put goodies such as these to work:

http://youtu.be/h8NpBWPL93s

A video concerning electronic guitar.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:28 am

Also selling a 1991 made in taiwan Boss DS-1. This one uses the same circuit and op amp as the made in japan DS-1's. (The DS-1 underwent one large circuit change in 1994 that included an op amp change and has changed op amps 2 more times since then). I like the original circuit better as it's chunkier and more organic with less fizz/buzz than newer DS-1's. I bought this one to mod but changed my mind.

Excellent condition. Includes non-original DS-1 box.

DS-1 has sold.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:41 am

Further Purging. There's a few really rare ones here.

Prices are firm. Shipping is $5.50-8 for 1 pedal. Multiple pedals will be under $12, but I can get a more accurate rate if you give me your zip code. Can send pictures upon request.

RV-2 Digital Reverb. SOLD

Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion. SOLD

Boss MZ-2 Digital Metalizer. Made in Japan circa 1988-89. Good condition with a few nicks and scrapes. This is an interesting pedal that has an analog distortion section that can be used by itself but also has 5 additional modes featuring digital effects on with the distortion (3 delay.and 2 chorus modes). The tone reminds me a lot of a Tubescreamer being played into a rack head (e.g. ADA MP1) and was meant to replicate the 80's metal sounds.
$55 (box and manual have sold)

Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:19 am

Updated w price drops.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 pm

Trying to free up some gear cash ASAP. will take $108 shipped for the pair.
Blake_T

Postby Blake_T » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 pm

All have sold.
Blake_T

Return to Garage Sale