The answer is obvious.

Play another goddamn round :)
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Re: Let's talk it out...

Postby Torg » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:20 am

I've been extremely frustrated in my game lately. I have been working hard on putting, using soft Wizards, but it isn't getting any better. I would say it is actually worse when I play in league or doubles. As I think about how it is going the only solution I can think of is to buy a different putter, maybe a clutch, and just start from scratch. Maybe it is good that winter is coming.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby money 21 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:36 am

usely when i am playing bad it is because i am pushing to hard. to break this i will go out and play a round where i throw different line then i normally do. instead uf taking the easy bh approach i will throw a anny fh stuff like that the when i make something good happen or still get my parr i tend to relax more.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:06 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:What do you guys do to rebound from a terrible round? I played a weekly doubles event last night and completely sucked. Granted, I'm a little sick so I'm blaming some of it on that but damn, it was bad.

First I get a little angry at myself, then I run through the round shot by shot slowly cutting myself for each bad shot I made. Then I say fuck it and relax.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby victorb » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:55 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:What do you guys do to rebound from a terrible round?

Most of the time when I play a round I actually consider bad and not just a round where I didn't score well, it's because I rushed myself too much when preparing for my shots.

Next round, no matter what, I try to get myself to take my time on every shot. It usually helps out dramatically.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby dgolfing » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:19 pm

I wish I had several of the most popular discs to get good at throw and to have something to throw consistently. To respond to the original post, I think that dude has hit a plateau in his disc golf game. He associates overcome a plateau with what he has done in the past which is to throw discs (period). I would say though that to overcome this plateau the thing to do is work on technique, work on game psychology rather than working on different discs. cool thread though

disc golf psychology
dgolfing
Noob

Favorite Disc: katana

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I'll rant a bit.

So the weather is perfect. Perfect, play all day weather. I'm playing a fun, super casual money round with this group for the first time and on hole one it hits me. I get vertigo after I drive. Fuuuuuuuck. My sinusitis is back. I try to tough it out, throw more FH so I don't have to turn my head as much. By hole 10 i've nearly hugged the ground about 3 times and it's not getting any better. I had to take my discs and go home. I hate this shit so much. The problem is my sinuses don't drain well enough and it floods my middle ear, causing the vertigo. I get this way every Spring, Fall and sometimes Winter. The worst part is it just happens. And it seems to love happening when I'm on roadtrips or playing competitive golf. I'm seriously starting to get cynical or borderline afraid about signing up for tourneys on going on roadtrips now. Grrr,
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Flipflat » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:12 pm

BrotherDave wrote:I'll rant a bit.

So the weather is perfect. Perfect, play all day weather. I'm playing a fun, super casual money round with this group for the first time and on hole one it hits me. I get vertigo after I drive. Fuuuuuuuck. My sinusitis is back. I try to tough it out, throw more FH so I don't have to turn my head as much. By hole 10 i've nearly hugged the ground about 3 times and it's not getting any better. I had to take my discs and go home. I hate this shit so much. The problem is my sinuses don't drain well enough and it floods my middle ear, causing the vertigo. I get this way every Spring, Fall and sometimes Winter. The worst part is it just happens. And it seems to love happening when I'm on roadtrips or playing competitive golf. I'm seriously starting to get cynical or borderline afraid about signing up for tourneys on going on roadtrips now. Grrr,

Try allergy medicine? Like prescription-strength stuff?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Bro D you need a neti pot.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:08 pm

Flipflat wrote:

Try allergy medicine? Like prescription-strength stuff?

I've been on flonase, claritin, allegra, zyrtec, the list goes on. I've had this since childhood. After doing tons of internet research today, I think I've narrowed the culprit down to Allergic Fungal Sinusitis aka mold allergy. Turns out Mayo Clinic discovered back in 1999 that fungal sinusitis is way more common than previously thought, affecting millions of Americans and from what I've read it sounds like I'm one of them. Most docs are behind the curve and misdiagnose it as a bacterial infection like they did with me and all the antibiotics didn't help (can actually make the body more receptive to fungal infection). Alright, that's enough icky personal health stuff for tonight. Cheers
keltik wrote:Bro D you need a neti pot.

Owned one for at least 5 years. It helps but it can only do so much. I actually nasal washed before I went to that round to no avail. C'est la vie.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby keltik » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:18 am

that is interesting. I used to get sinus infections quite frequently as well, but that was when I lived with my parents who both smoke and live in old houses, and later on when I lived alone and also smoked. Now I don't smoke and don't have as many problems with allergies or sinus. do you live in an old house or with any smokers?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby keltik » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:39 pm

I think I did something bad today. I was in PIAS and a couple of guys were next to me looking at discs too. one of them said "I want the longest driver out there." I grabbed a Blizzard Boss and said "here, a kid from High Point set a world record with this disc." poor guy just said "Sold!" I felt bad the whole way home.

EDIT: I did also talk the guy into buying an ION. does that cancel everything out?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Fightingthetide » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:44 pm

How about them apples #3 FSU?! GO PACK! Amazing 2nd half! Oh and to keep it on topic, I went to my first USDGC today. That's all.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby keltik » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 am

oh yes what a glorious ending to a shaky start!!!! I'm so proud of the old alma matta.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Ryen91 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:15 am

Hey can a quaterzone shot work to deal with the pain
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion