Chuck Kennedy wrote:There was no payout for the Performance Flight, just a first place trophy or maybe trophies. The player pack appeared to be worth more than the $100 entry fee paid by the Performance entrants.
Chuck Kennedy wrote:Despite a smaller total purse and first place prize, the amount Innova added to the purse went up $4000 from $33,000 in 2010 to $37,250 which amounted to more than $640 cash added per Open player entered this year.
here's the performance flight players' pack for this year:
• Huk Lab Hoodie- a sponsor
• Innova Champion Roc Limited Edition- at cost
• Innova DX Pumpkin Aviar- at cost
• Disc Mania Fever- at cost
• USDGC Personalized Jersey-
• Keen Duffle / Player Pack Bag - a sponsor
• Competitor Credentials- ?
• Keen Pro Deal Card- coupon
• Sugar Buzz Bars- look homemade
• Orion Disc Golf T-shirt- sponsor
• Caramel Corn (with pecans) supporter
• Disc Stalker Bag Tag-supporter
• Disc Golf Center Sticker- sponsor
• York County Visitors Guide- free
• Plays it Forward Brochure- free
• Camp Canaan Brochure- free
• Sonic Coupons- free
• LSDiscs Vinyl Decal and Can Hugger- sponsor
• Innova Sticker- at costhttp://www.usdgc.com/10/03/2012-player-pack-contents
you can argue the players' pack retails at $100. with marketplace hype, some time, and a little entrepreneurial spirit, somebody could turn a small profit from their player's pack. that's not important. somebody with disc golf retail/wholesale knowledge can probably give an accurate estimate how what innova paid for each player's pack. i don't believe, as chuck stated, innova added $4000 more to the professional division than in 2010 from their benevolent pockets. innova took from the performance division and gave to the professional division to cover the addition.
players' packs costing innova a $100 dollars each, the cash added to the open division from the performance division breaks down as:
at 90% cost $710
at 85% cost $1065
at 80% cost $1420
at 75% cost $1775
at 70% cost $2130
at 65% cost $2485
at 60% cost $2840
at 55% cost $3195
at 50% cost $3550
at 45% cost $3950
at 40% cost $4260
at best, the addition of the performance division covered the $4,000 additional money added to the pro purse from 2010 to 2012, possibly adding. even skimming $10 from each performance player, innova covers 17.5% of the $4,000 addition. this does mot account for all the discs and other innova related stuff the performance division purchased.