ALright here is a video please help

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ALright here is a video please help

Postby Ryen91 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:34 pm

for some reason I sometimes have a tendencey to release it way right I recorded this on like my 50th full power throw so I was getting a little tired but you get the idea.... anyways I need to know what to fix but more importantly how to train my body to fix it. like I know one will be release with the nose down but how to make sure my body does it.
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Re: ALright here is a video please help

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm

are you wearing a glove?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Ryen91 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:05 pm

why yes i was it actually helps create more spin and make the disc fly like it is supposed to I notice I just tried it for giggles.....is that illegal it is a football wide receiver glove so it is super stick and helps create spin speed for me i typically dont wear one but if it is legal I am so going to stay with it
Ryen91
Noob

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:09 pm

Don't worry about the glove. I think it is legal. but if it turns out it is not you can always tape your fingers.

you throw nose up.

read this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16139

Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nED7gcXobEo

then practice.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Stringbean » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:32 pm

It looks like you are tensing up as you are reaching back, probably strong arming. Try too stay relaxed unitil the last 12 inches of the throw. You aren't getting your weight over your front foot.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Postby seabas22 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:09 am

Your rhythm isn't pretty fly for a white guy. Basically you need to stop curling the disc like a frisbee and learn some snap basics. Those links above will help as well pretty much anything stickied in the technique section.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgn6Os4YSW0
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby JR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:37 am

Losing balance rapes distance, accuracy and consistency. Your torso stops in place and your gummy legs move forward just watch you knees. You need to brace tightly with the right leg calf and thigh muscles to avoid the increasing of the knee angle. Also you need to push fast ahead with the left leg so that the left knee is straight at the rip.

While the hop up will translate to more power once the legs work properly it makes it more difficult to throw consistently even when you're fresh let alone when you're tired. You had so much speed that you became uncoordinated so the regular form drilling advice of slowing down the steps applies. Check the toe pointing directions in the x and plant steps. At the moment you can't reach back as far as needed for maximum golf power or even maximum control throw power because you can't turn the back at the target. Try heels pointed at the target for the x and plant step. Yeah that too messes up balance coordination etc. but at a slow speed it can be done and eventually you'll learn full speed too but it can take months of field practice. It did for me. So it ain't the first priority. First you need to learn to walk before you can run.

You don't twist the hips to the right of neutral of turn the shoulders even farther right than the hips before the rip. That loses a lot of power generation.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Ryen91 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:10 pm

so now in just that little bit a world of difference has been made infact now my cheetah anhyzer way to much along with my wraith my monarch actually starts to curve then goes back it is flyng more straight and less nose up I bombed my cheetah 330 which i thought was far for a 147 gram cheetah so now the wind was right to left is that causing my wraith to anhyzer into the ground I mean when how do I fix that problem
Ryen91
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:51 am

We'd need to see the throw and the flight of the Wraith to say for sure. It is possible that your Wraith is broken in enough or atypically understable or that the winds were killer fast but it is more likely that you had off axis torque and there are many sources of that. That is why a clear answer needs a video. Have you noticed your wrist rolling clockwise? Do you plant the final step to the left of the line you were running on? See my signature for partial explanation. Was your torso tilted to the right from the hip up? Did your arm follow through drop lower than the angle you threw at and was the thumb pointing up? It should be pointed down after a very quick counter clockwise rotation starting immediately after the rip.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Monocacy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 am

Ryen91 wrote:for some reason I sometimes have a tendencey to release it way right . . .

Try closing your stance (turning away a bit further from the target) and stopping your shoulder turn at the point where you want to release the disc. I have been working on this lately, and it has helped accuracy considerably. Good luck!
Tern | Jackal - Hatchet - Resistor | Truth - Theory | Clutch - Harp
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:25 am

Monocacy wrote:
Ryen91 wrote:for some reason I sometimes have a tendencey to release it way right . . .

Try closing your stance (turning away a bit further from the target) and stopping your shoulder turn at the point where you want to release the disc. I have been working on this lately, and it has helped accuracy considerably. Good luck!

Adding to that a tip from Dave Dunipace: The disc leaves in the direction the right thumbnail is pointing at when the disc leaves the hand. All this translates to a need to move the disc in a straight line and holding onto it late enough but not grip locking and holding onto it too long. Normal reasons for grip locks are pulling the arm before the final step lands and moving the disc across the chest at a long distance. And it is of course relative ut every inch counts here so smoke the right nipple for masterbeato rail or both nipples for a straight throw. The way masterbeato pulls has been done before by Chris Voigt who has thrown over 200 meters 9 years in a row on flat land...
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Return to Video Critique