SO I have figured out

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

SO I have figured out

Postby Ryen91 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:22 am

My RHBH technique is horrible I cant even get a monarch to turn over which means I have no snap it is rated at a 72 pecent and it was a light one at 165 are there any more tips from what I read to stop me from power arming and stop trying to make my wrist snap and just losing up the muscles and having it snap somwhat naturally
Ryen91
Noob

Favorite Disc: Tee Rex

Re: SO I have figured out

Postby Stringbean » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm

With your feet planted and your arm relaxed, try to use the movement of your hips and the shift of your body weight to move your arm from reach back to the right pec position. After you successfully do that 100 times or more, go out to a field and make the same movement, then accelerate as fast as you can with your hips and shoulders. Only use your arm muscles to keep the disc on a horizontal plane and close to your chest. Focus on the weight of the disc.
Stringbean
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Panther

Re: SO I have figured out

Postby JR » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:22 am

After those drills you will need to pull with the arm too. The best way to get relaxed with loose=fastest possible muscles is to yawn and breathe out deeply and dropping the arm as limp as possible before throwing.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique