New to the board?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New to the board?

Postby bbpmdj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:13 am

Hey Gang,
It is I... Jerry from a little town called Fort Wayne Indiana (AKA Fort Fun!)... I live 3 blocks from one of the disc golf courses in town and want to give it all a go... So I will be lurking around and will try not to sound too stupid when I post something... :shock:

Respect

~ Jerry
bbpmdj
bbpmdj
Noob

Favorite Disc: Discraft... I think?

Postby Dig It » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:21 am

bbpmdj wrote:Hey Gang,
It is I... Jerry from a little town called Fort Wayne Indiana (AKA Fort Fun!)... I live 3 blocks from one of the disc golf courses in town and want to give it all a go... So I will be lurking around and will try not to sound too stupid when I post something... :shock:

Respect

~ Jerry

Welcome aboard Jerry. You've come to the right place to advance your game and the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Arocep » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:25 pm

What's up fellas,

My name is Chris, I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I've been on DGCR for a couple years under the same name, I keep out of the bullshit and really just use the marketplace over there. I've been reading over here for a couple days and like the more adult atmosphere.

I've been playing DG for 8ish years (4 years competitively). I collect OOP rhynos.

Thanks for having me.

Cheers.
TeeDevil Saint River Eagle Mako RHYNO
Arocep
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rhyno

Postby JR » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:16 am

Welcome. OOP Rhynos? Do you mean the hard Pro blend or what?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Arocep » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

JR wrote:Welcome. OOP Rhynos? Do you mean the hard Pro blend or what?

Pro, pro line, dx circle stamp, ce...
TeeDevil Saint River Eagle Mako RHYNO
Arocep
Noob

Favorite Disc: Rhyno

Postby StayGold » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Dylan representing the women disc golfers. I am from Michigan. Started discing 2 years ago, but stopped after 6 months as I moved somewhere that didn't have any courses nearby. Now that I am back, I am starting to get back to throwing more. So it feels a lot like starting over again.
“You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” -Wayne Gretzky
StayGold
Noob

Favorite Disc: Avenger

Postby JR » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:10 am

Welcome we have some female players here so you can get some feminine perspective here too but we guys are glad to help as long as you can interpret dude :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby thrembo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:38 am

Thrembo arriving.

I love the friendly rivalry between DGR and DGCR. 'Wanted to see how the other half lives!

Does this place have a prerube fan club?
thrembo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby JR » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 am

Shit dude you can't bring that stuff here :-) Welcome.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby thrembo » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:19 am

Thats a joke son! Thanks for the welcome!
thrembo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: New to the board? Yes I am but not golfing

Postby dgolfing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi, everyone. I have been golfing my brains out and just started a blog http://dgolfing.com/?p=12
check it out. there is an article on the psychology of disc golf that is almost worth reading
dgolfing
Noob

Favorite Disc: katana

Postby Eastcoast210 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:37 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Lori and I'm from Wilmington, NC. I've been playing now for roughly 8 months and love it. There are several courses near me, and several surrounding where I live as well so I'm lucky. I usually go to Castle Hayne Park and play there since it's the closest to me. :]
Eastcoast210
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi Lori and welcome. The Carolinas are one of disc golf Meccas thanks to the numbers and quality of the courses so you're indeed lucky.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

New to the board?

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:22 pm

Castle Hayne is a great course! I'm from Wilmington too, living in Charlotte now. Welcome!
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mikes919 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi all, Mike from Chicago here. Been playing since 2003. Was pretty seriously into competitve play around 2005-2009, playing 20-30 tournaments a year and running a local doubles league. Kinda fell out of the game and only played once ever 6 weeks or so since then, but just registered for my first tourney in 3 years. Excited to get back into it and probably shooting around a 930ish level since my putting is rusty.
Flash - Firebird - Teebird - Leopard - Gator - Buzzz - Wizard
mikes919
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Leopard

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion