The Gospel of the PD

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm

discspeed wrote:CDGS latest shipment of SPDs was full of PLUS rims and FR/test configurations.


Anyone have a real answer as to why this is happening? I'm not asking for the same old answers like "they don't pay attention down at Innova" or "Dave likes the mold better" or even "it comes out of the mold cleaner". Does Innova even know about these unadvertised plus molds? I'll move on from PD's if this is going to be the norm. Champ Valks already seem to have gone this route.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Jesse B 707 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
discspeed wrote:CDGS latest shipment of SPDs was full of PLUS rims and FR/test configurations.


Anyone have a real answer as to why this is happening? I'm not asking for the same old answers like "they don't pay attention down at Innova" or "Dave likes the mold better" or even "it comes out of the mold cleaner". Does Innova even know about these unadvertised plus molds? I'll move on from PD's if this is going to be the norm. Champ Valks already seem to have gone this route.

Just move on, once they've fucked with a mold like this they seem pretty unlikely to fix it.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:10 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:
discspeed wrote:CDGS latest shipment of SPDs was full of PLUS rims and FR/test configurations.


Anyone have a real answer as to why this is happening? I'm not asking for the same old answers like "they don't pay attention down at Innova" or "Dave likes the mold better" or even "it comes out of the mold cleaner". Does Innova even know about these unadvertised plus molds? I'll move on from PD's if this is going to be the norm. Champ Valks already seem to have gone this route.

Just move on, once they've fucked with a mold like this they seem pretty unlikely to fix it.


I'm considering it.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby dgdave » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:11 pm

I'll take your PDs FTT
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General
User avatar
 
Posts: 12099
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm
Location: Central OK
Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby pask2155 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:00 pm

So are plus rims less stable then? Or in other words how does this change the flight of the discs?
pask2155
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm
Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby dehaas » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:54 pm

people don't like + rims because of the grip. a lot of people say the slanted rims slip out of their hand compared to a regular rim.

on a side note, a buddy of mine tossed me his new champ sidewinder today and asked me to throw it and see if it flew different to me than any other sidewinder. he said something just didn't seem right about it. sure enough, it had a slanted rim.
dehaas
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Lebanon, IL
Favorite Disc: wizard

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby turso » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:56 pm

If this truly is Dunipace's doing, someone needs to buy the company from him and end this crap before it's the only type you can get innova and discmania discs in.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 am

It seems like they don't even care or take time to look at their finished products. Surely someone would catch this. If it's so random, it must be a mistake. Has anyone ever emailed or called them?
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am

Fightingthetide wrote:It seems like they don't even care or take time to look at their finished products. Surely someone would catch this. If it's so random, it must be a mistake. Has anyone ever emailed or called them?

That never seems to do much, afaik Dave still won't admit that they changed the Rancho Roc mold
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar
User avatar
 
Posts: 8225
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 am
Location: *NorCal*
Favorite Disc: ROC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby Fightingthetide » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 am

Lame sauce
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby JR » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:53 pm

Innova: We got some bullseyes that sell well. Let us change them.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11493
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby linkinparkervii » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:36 pm

What does Jussi think about all this??
linkinparkervii
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:20 pm
Favorite Disc: Gold Line Core

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby turso » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:21 pm

I'm not sure he even knows yet. As far as I know he was quite unpleasantly surprised when he found out Innova had been messing around with the C-PD and put it out as a + run, so I imagine he isn't/won't be thrilled.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby dehaas » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:59 am

I'm curious about this as well. Its one thing if you are innova and are choosing to change the mold up unannounced on your own discs, but if you are doing so with somebody else's products that's where I have a problem. None of us know the exact details of the relationship between discmania and innova, but I'd be pretty salty if I was paying them to produce my product and what was hitting the shelves wasn't what I intended to put my name behind. Are there any other millennium molds out there aside from the olf that have been + rimmified?
dehaas
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:10 pm
Location: Lebanon, IL
Favorite Disc: wizard

Re: The Gospel of the PD

Postby discspeed » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:07 am

dehaas wrote:I'm curious about this as well. Its one thing if you are innova and are choosing to change the mold up unannounced on your own discs, but if you are doing so with somebody else's products that's where I have a problem. None of us know the exact details of the relationship between discmania and innova, but I'd be pretty salty if I was paying them to produce my product and what was hitting the shelves wasn't what I intended to put my name behind. Are there any other millennium molds out there aside from the olf that have been + rimmified?


From my perspective Innova seems like a shitty business partner. I know Innova's relationship with the original Millennium became soured through the years, hence why M was sold. With Discmania it seems like Innova was very ambitious initially, but obviously they can't hold the discs they make for Discmania to any higher the standards than they have for their own discs (which we all know are shamefully low).

BTW, meantime my GL Villain is behaving like a really sweet PD and I'm betting I didn't just get lucky and get a good one.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)
User avatar
 
Posts: 5465
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:02 am
Location: Clearwater, FL
Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests