Longer Valkyrie with a similar flight?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Longer Valkyrie with a similar flight?

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Why not just throw the Valkyrie harder? It was the first disc I ever threw over 400. It's already plenty fast. But yeah the Flow is nice. The GL is flippier.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby pask2155 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Maybe try a blizzard krait if you wanna stick with innova. Or if you want faster yet the nuke ss would be a good fit in a lighter z mold. Just some other options.

Also my buddy loves his valks and for big d he uses the Vulcan.
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: NUKE/PD/BUZZ/ION

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Nuke SS is way way way flippier than a valk.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JHern » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:24 pm

brittwink wrote:I'm looking for a disc that has a similar flight pattern as a Valk, but with a bit more speed and maybe a little more glide...

According to Innova, this is called the Beast. At least, that is what they were aiming for when they made the Beast.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby pask2155 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Nuke SS is way way way flippier than a valk.

I was going by Joes flight chart which is HIGHLY RECOMENDED around here. So maybe we shouldn't push the flight chart? But according to it this should be what he is looking for...
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby dgdave » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:45 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:JR your disc experiences are always way different than everyone else. what up with that?

Parallel universe. He went through the wormhole
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:55 pm

dgdave wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:JR your disc experiences are always way different than everyone else. what up with that?

Parallel universe. He went through the wormhole

This does explain several things.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:02 pm

pask2155 wrote:

I was going by Joes flight chart which is HIGHLY RECOMENDED around here. So maybe we shouldn't push the flight chart? But according to it this should be what he is looking for...

and yet, it is not. Plus it is way faster, he said just a bit faster and a bit more glide. The nuke SS is much faster and doesn't have more glide.
Frank Delicious

Postby pask2155 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
pask2155 wrote:

and yet, it is not. Plus it is way faster, he said just a bit faster and a bit more glide. The nuke SS is much faster and doesn't have more glide.

Correct! Hence when I said if you want "faster yet" try the nuke ss... Don't see the problem. It's a huge fast s curving disc... It's worth a peak if you like the valk and want to try a warp speed disc... Lol.

Personally I think the valk is a disc of its own. It's been thrown over 800'. So in reality you don't need anything faster. Lol
pask2155
Tree Magnet

Postby brittwink » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
pask2155 wrote:

Plus it is way faster, he said just a bit faster and a bit more glide....

*she :)
brittwink
Noob

Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby jubuttib » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 am

I can't believe I've been so unlucky with Northmen. My first runs were kinda like good premium plastic Valks, though a bit more understable, and then when I was asked to review them I got three new ones, randomly picked from the stack (2 vip 1 tp) they were even more understable, really fliptastic. I want to find these stable Northmen people have been throwing. =(
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:18 am

jubuttib wrote:I can't believe I've been so unlucky with Northmen. My first runs were kinda like good premium plastic Valks, though a bit more understable, and then when I was asked to review them I got three new ones, randomly picked from the stack (2 vip 1 tp) they were even more understable, really fliptastic. I want to find these stable Northmen people have been throwing. =(

Tall dome with high PLH. Where i have no idea.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:32 am

jub and some others live inland in Finland and i'm by the sea with different humidity (high here but not hot like in the southern US states) and possibly more swirly winds. Discs made in the US are flown here and at times they arrive with inverted domes from being in the cargo holds. That changes th shape and flight of the discs. I have no idea how Westside discs arrive here but i imagine they are flown to the US. Normal disc variations. 94 KPH rip max mostly between 81-87 KPH spin topping out at 20 RPS last winter and i have no idea if those have changed. Your speeds and spin may vary. Minute levels of OAT one way or the other. And who knows what else might explain the differences. It is incorrect to say that each disc flies differently to me than most others. Some do many don't. That makes me wonder if some discs are more susceptible to changing on intercontinental flights than others.

When is said i don't like the Archon for being flippy and fading too hard i meant to write that a Vulcan in lighter weights is flippy too and not as hard fading but the fade is still much harder than with a Valk at 400'. Normally i can't get a Valk to 400' and have thrown a 159 Star Vulcan to 420' IIRC. For a flippy yet straight finishing disc i still stand by the Sidewinders made last or this year except someone reported that a champ is even less flippy than a Star these days. I haven't thrown a recent champ Sidewinder to be able to confirm and i think that at Brittany's power the Sidewinder is a much safer match.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:50 am

brittwink wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:
pask2155 wrote:

sorry ma'am.
Frank Delicious

Postby discspeed » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 am

Frank Delicious wrote:
brittwink wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:
pask2155 wrote:

sorry ma'am.

discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment