illegal putt???

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

illegal putt???

Postby erikc1971 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 am

I have developed a little of a step forward with my forward leg while putting. to alleviate this I step back about a foot from my marker so my foot doesnt cross that line. Is this a legaL putt??
erikc1971
Noob

Favorite Disc: innova xd

Re: illegal putt???

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:10 pm

Do you have a foot within 11" of the marker when releasing the disc and do you go past your line at all?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby erikc1971 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:17 pm

front foot is behind marker within the 11" my hand may cross the line but I'm not moving towards the basket. i kinda rock back on my rear foot and lift my forward foot and launch on the front foot that never crosses the line. the front foot is planted behind, within 11" of the marker.
erikc1971
Noob

Favorite Disc: innova xd

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:44 pm

sounds legal, still weird though.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Spinthrift » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:58 pm

Any added motion in your putting routine and stroke introduces variables that affect consistency. Simpler is always better. Interestingly, one of the best putters ever, Cam Todd, says the weight shift on a putt shouldn't go back then forward. Rather, the shift should be down and up - a squat with knees bent - ending with weight on the front leg. It's feels weird at first, but I've found this shift generates as much momentum as back/forward with less arm motion needed (removing another variable).
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Postby dgdave » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Doesn't Hosfeld do this?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby dgdave » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:28 pm

And Climo
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby keltik » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:04 pm

Spinthrift wrote:Any added motion in your putting routine and stroke introduces variables that affect consistency. Simpler is always better. Interestingly, one of the best putters ever, Cam Todd, says the weight shift on a putt shouldn't go back then forward. Rather, the shift should be down and up - a squat with knees bent - ending with weight on the front leg. It's feels weird at first, but I've found this shift generates as much momentum as back/forward with less arm motion needed (removing another variable).

never thought about it this way. Cam Todd is/was a phenomenal putter. I may have to try this.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby cubeofsoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:22 am

keltik wrote:
Spinthrift wrote:Any added motion in your putting routine and stroke introduces variables that affect consistency. Simpler is always better. Interestingly, one of the best putters ever, Cam Todd, says the weight shift on a putt shouldn't go back then forward. Rather, the shift should be down and up - a squat with knees bent - ending with weight on the front leg. It's feels weird at first, but I've found this shift generates as much momentum as back/forward with less arm motion needed (removing another variable).

never thought about it this way. Cam Todd is/was a phenomenal putter. I may have to try this.

cubeofsoup
Tree Magnet

Postby turso » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:39 am

Lol.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 am

dgdave wrote:And Climo

If he is describing the "plant your foot right as your putt" lots of guys do it to an extent. I do it longer, non-jump putts.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby keltik » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

cubeofsoup wrote:
keltik wrote:

I tried it today at work and yes my mind, it was blown.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JHern » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:21 pm

keltik wrote:
cubeofsoup wrote:
keltik wrote:

I tried it today at work and yes my mind, it was blown.

I agree, I was just trying this as well, and tended to miss high at first. Definitely it gives much more power than you would expect, but it seems to make putting more easy and reliable. I like it!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Parks » Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:26 am

cubeofsoup wrote:
keltik wrote:

For serious.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Return to General Discussion