Christmas discs for dad

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Christmas discs for dad

Postby money 21 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 pm

i know he is not an avenger but an aquaman stamp on a super stingray would be cool.
ringer, aero, breaker, glide, sabre, valk, avenger, flick, helios, teedevil, halo
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:05 pm

aquaman sucks.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby jubuttib » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:47 am

eric40817 wrote:
keltik wrote:Blizzard discs. the over 50 crowd loves them.

Probably not the 50s crowd that often has wind as a factor
Thrown mine in the wind, and turso's, didn't really see what the fuss was about. Keep them low like you'd keep any disc in the wind and they'll do just fine. A bit more sideways motion and they don't penetrate quite as nicely, but still very usable.

Unless of course you got low PLH ones, but that's not the weight's fault at that point, is it?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:00 pm

It does get very windy in Texas and judging by Finnish sea side the typical Innova speed stability applies. Meaning my freak overstable 134 Destro is way too hard fading for any distance normally but it is easily flipped by the headwind and my 137 Boss flips less but it is still enough to not be really reliable. Of course i probably out throw her father.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby andrew » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:21 pm

Last year I got my 63 year-old dad with a slightly wrecked shoulder a Star Mako and he could throw it straighter and more accurate than his other discs. I recently threw a Super Stingray a few times and it held straight and tight arcing lines great. Mold seemed like a Wasp clone(?).
Wizards/Pures/Jokeri/Fuse/Buzzz/Gator/XLs/Teebird/Predator/PDs

Disc Golf (n): A game in which a round plastic object is thrown into trees until it is beat in to resemble its preferred flight characteristics, at which point it is thrown into a lake.
andrew
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: PPD

Previous

Return to Equipment