Feldberg Clinic - Arms Matching Legs

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Feldberg Clinic - Arms Matching Legs

Postby allsport1313 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Hello guys,

My questions are with regard to something Feldy talks about in this video, from about 15:00-16:30:

I have always thought that the arm and leg matching up was something exclusive to the Swedish throwing style, but Feldy talks about it being a "bio-mechanically correct" part of the throwing process. To be honest, I don't really see the "matching" in Garrett's throws or many other American pros. Maybe it just isn't as severe. Anyways, I've never made a conscious effort to match left side and right side like this; is it an essential part of the throw?
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Re: Feldberg Clinic - Arms Matching Legs

Postby gvan » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:27 pm

Feldberg started stating the Bio-Mechanical Correctness of his throw a couple of years ago. I asked him at a clinic where this research came from and he indicated that it was from "top men." I asked, who? and he said "TOP men."
gvan
Noob

Favorite Disc: The 1 in the basket

Postby allsport1313 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Haha that is great :lol: So would you say he's talking about his own throw then?
allsport1313
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: plastic

Postby keltik » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:55 pm

His "matching" comes from his pendulum style reach back. There is a lot of good stuff in that vid though.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby JR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:35 am

He studied at the University of Oregon with Avery Jenkins and they used blue suits that capture the movements and get computer data if the system is fully equipped. I don't know if he has data of other throwers as well.

Our physiology puts limits to how unsynced you can be. Somewhere you will run into movement range of a body part when you push the unsyncing too far.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Technique