What's up with Lighting?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: What's up with Lighting?

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 pm

No, the problem is that their plastic is about as tough as a stale starburst or a crayon.
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby money 21 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:46 am

the pro-line stuff was tuff.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby Hoey » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:09 am

DiscSniper wrote:
Hoey wrote:they're drivers are slow, and they never kept up with the march towards Speed Infinity.

But slow does equal more control, and a bunch of them float at the right weights.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Most of the advice that I hear given to noobs is stay the hell away from the high speed stuff to begin with. There may be better discs out there in fairways, mids and putters, but I myself can basically write off anything faster than what's considered a fairway driver. I'm beginning to realize my limitations and don't have anything faster than a River in my bag right now(ok, I've got a 150 DX Valk in right now, but that's kind of the exception)

It would be better to see a noob with a #2 driver than Innova/Discraft-ludicrous-speed-driver to learn on would it not?

It just seems weird that nobody mentions their stuff. I guess that our society is just trained to always hafta have the latest and greatest.

I agree with you. Slow, controllable, and floats are great things for a beginner... hell even advanced players could put these to good use. Their plastic is pretty bad, but it's cheap. Cheap is preffered for a lot of players.

And they are definitely back in business now. There was a point though 2-3 years ago (that lasted about a year?), that he wasn't doing anything with Lightning. Sounds like he got his shit back together though and is back at it.
Throw discs, and forget about life for awhile...
Hoey
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: fuse

Previous

Return to Equipment